Millicom International Cellular (MIC) S.A., operators of Tigo, is a leading international developer and operator of cellular telephone services worldwide primarily in emerging markets operating across Latin America and Africa.
The company provides affordable, widely accessible and readily available cellular telephony services to more than 30 million customers in 13 emerging markets in these continents.
The success of Tigo is based on the triple ‘A’ business model which stands for Affordability, Accessibility and Availability. This guarantees that our subscribers experience the best services at the most affordable rates throughout our 10 regions of Ghana and beyond.
Our vision is to be the ‘Most consumed Digital service provider in urban areas.
Our overall vision for Millicom Africa is to have the 180 million people (in Sub Saharan Africa) connect to dream, work and achieve.
We provide services for people who want to stay in touch, belong to communities and to be informed and entertained, enabling them to express their emotions and enhance their lives
Job Title: Payment Services Analyst
Our Mobile Financial Services (MFS) team seek a driven and dynamic individual to fill the role of a Payment Services Analyst. (S)He will be the primary liaison between MFS and its’ corporate clients, lead interaction with corporate clients and serve as a solution advisor to corporate clients and customers.
- Lead in the generation of potential clients/customers;
- Ensure closing of deals which includes offer determination, negotiation and finalisation;
- Manage commissions to ensure that leads generated by staff eligible for commissions are paid at the end of the month;
- Prepare Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU), process documents and transaction report templates for customers during the on-boarding stage of customer acquisition;
- Relate with customers and ensure these customers are receiving the level of standard services required;
- Work with Tigo Cash Customer Acquisition and Channel Teams to plan group training where necessary;
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations and respond to proposals to bid for potential projects;
- Identify additional avenues for revenue generation within each company signed on to ensure more integration and higher value proposition from Tigo Cash;
- Work closely with Tigo Cash Product and Operations Team to ensure account setup and additional requirements in terms of functionality is captured and built into our development pipeline;
- Conduct research to understand specific industry needs in order to be better prepared to articulate product benefits to potential customers;
- Data mine trends among existing clients to better enhance our offering to customers and / or maximize the opportunity within specific accounts;
- Plan and conduct mystery shopping exercises to ascertain quality of Tigo Cash services provided;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other related fields;
- A years’ experience preferably in a similar role;
- Good experience in sales / marketing of products with experience/exposure in the Telecommunication industry;
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and comfortable with new technology and IT related tools;
- Experience designing and executing research, particularly surveys;
- Good communication skills coupled with strong analytical skills;
- Strong, innovative and creative problem solver and a strategic thinker;
- Ability to promote knowledge transfer through strong mentoring and team building skills.