We are looking for a French speaking Delivery Advisor to join our Centre of Government and Delivery (CoGD) Practice central team. The role will support the implementation of strong and high standard products and services that will contribute to the development, organisation, structuring, dissemination and monitoring of CoGD best practices. The candidate will drive the development of our offering in the countries we work in, whilst also supporting the internal structuring of CoGD practice knowledge.
Job Title: Delivery Advisor
The CoGD Practice provides technical leadership and support to TBI’s work with governments in Africa, and the application of our delivery methodology. Our mission is to be a centre of excellence for learning and innovation on CoGD effectiveness. The team supports TBI’s embedded advisory work in 16+ countries in Africa. The practice team supports:
- quality assurance and training;
- the mainstreaming of context-appropriate tech and non-tech;
- and the development of productive partnerships to facilitate cross–country learning and exchange; and our engagement in the global debate on effective government in low income and emerging countries.
1.Definition and development of CoGD practice quality standards
- Benchmark centre of government and delivery best practices in Africa and beyond, and develop market intelligence to inform the evaluation and development of CoGD product and service offerings
- Lead the implementation of quality assurance processes relating to the delivery of CoGD products and services, for example, in relation to project scoping, creation, and implementation
- Focal point and advisor for ensuring quality assurance standards on the Institute’s approach to CoGD
- Contribute metrics on project implementation and risks, and make recommendations on improvements
- Capturing, structuring and disseminating the CoGD knowledge
- Develop and maintain a system for knowledge management and dissemination
- Develop and maintain the membership and community of the practice
- Lead the practice’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning work, alongside the central team
- Development and Application of CoGD Practice Tools and Frameworks
- Conduct market analysis for appropriate centre of government toolkits and services, and maintain intelligence on market needs, competition and gaps
- Develop, maintain and roll out the practice’s suite of centre of govermment and delivery best practice tools
- Develop joint CoG & delivery frameworks with other advisory sectoral practice in areas of intersection, e.g. industrialisation
- Contribute to developing, piloting and rolling-out new/innovative toolkits, templates, and ways of working (tech and non-tech)
- Support the product development of our centre of government and delivery offering
- Capacity Strengthening Support
- Train Country Heads and in-country advisors on all the products, methodologies and tools of the CoG Practice
- Provide high impact capacity building support to country project teams in order to help TBI projects ensure impact
- Support in-country training sessions, delivery labs and other applied delivery tools
- Contribution to TBI’s broader mission
- Support the Head of Centre of Government and Delivery in ad hoc areas, as needed.
- Support the Head of Centre of Government and Delivery in overall strategy development and implementation, thought leadership and management of the practice team
The successful candidate will build effective trusting relationships, and help shape and influence change through project teams and governments. This is a role in a fast-paced virtual team working out of different geographies and in complex policy areas. With a knowledge of delivery principles and processes, the postholder will have a grounding in business development and programme management.
You’ll have the following skills and experience:
- Significant experience in government delivery functions, management consulting or programme/project management.
- Experience working in a government delivery mechanism is essential and experience with adaptive management techniques such as Problem Driven Iterative Adaptation
- A proven track record of developing frameworks and tools, process quality improvements and standardisation, in addition to relevant experience of working in a project and programme environment
- Familiarity with capacity-building program development would be valuable
- High quality communication, drafting and presentation skills are essential, including power point. Graphic design skills are an advantage
- Ability to develop and implement tools at different levels of complexity, including professional knowledge management tools and competency with Microsoft 365
- Be a strong team player with excellent soft skills as well as flexibility to help where needed
- Highly developed analytical skills that can be deployed in a range of contexts
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice
- Prior experience working with or for governments would be an added advantage
- Fluency in English and French is required (oral and written)