Toptech Transport and Logistics Ltd is a leading road safety, transport and logistics consulting company.
Job Position: Security Manager
Our client, an international and leading logistics organization is seeking for suitably qualified persons for immediate employment for the position:
Position Description – Purpose
The role of the Security Manager will be key to developing and maintaining a secure business environment across the Organisation business footprint in Ghana. The manager will be instrumental in supporting Country Manager, in improving operational security and effectiveness across all Business activities. The Manager will be required to liaise with appropriate threat assessment agencies and management to help identify as well as clarify possible risks to the company
Position Description – Accountabilities
- Will be liaison with security coordinator based in South Africa.
- Security Manager is to design and introduce appropriate risk mitigation measures to reduce Organization’s exposure to security threats to as low as reasonably possible.
- The Security Manager is to confirm that fit-for-purpose security policies, plans and procedures are in place, and that they are reviewed and tested on a regular basis.
- The Security Manager is to facilitate the implementation and provide assurance that the Group Security Standards and other Security related standards are complied with.
- The Security Manager is to manage the Organizations response to any security related incident, analyze security trends and ensure that the local interventions are fit for purpose.
- In completing all of the above, the Security manager is to provide:
- A secure environment in which Organization staff can work
- Appropriate security guidance for expatriate Organization staff living in Ghana
- Appropriate security advice for Organization staff visiting Ghana
- The Security manager is to fulfill all of the above in full compliance with Ghana Law, Organization’s General Business Standards, and the Group Security
The Security Manager is to:
- Manage all security and access control systems used by the Organization in Ghana.
- Introduce appropriate policies and procedures to safeguard all Organization sensitive information.
- Assist the Business with Security risk assessment and recommendation of appropriate controls to mitigate the risk.
- Oversee and assist with the completion of pre-employment vetting and screening of all new members of staff.
- Participate in due diligence checks of potential business partners when required.
- Develop appropriate policies and procedures to minimize and identify fraudulent behaviour by internal and external parties.
- Ensure that appropriate communications are available both within the Ghanaian working environment and with business partners.
- Establish and maintain a working network of security contacts from both the private and public sector.
- Oversee the security arrangements for the visit to Ghana of Organization VVIPs.
- Complete security awareness training for staff as required.
- Ensure that emergency responses plans adequately cover security scenarios, are regularly tested and key personnel are appropriately trained.
- Engage in the development of security-related crisis and business continuity plans within Ghana and to provide specialist security advice when required.
Required Skills or Experience
Experience and Qualifications Required
- High calibre security professional with minimum 10 years relevant security experience at a senior level. Candidate must have strong communication skills – both written and verbal. Candidate must have an existing and appropriate network of security contacts in Ghana.
- High security personnel of the Ghana Army or Police will have the best advantage
- Key Competences Required
- Proven track record in implementing & managing security initiatives in a multi-site environment and across business groups.
- Pragmatic, consultative approach combined with expertise in leading edge security practices.
- Capacity to maintain focus and composure in a dispersed, risk intensive and diverse environment
- Demonstrate competence in strategic ability, project management skills; influencing skills
- International expertise.
- Bachelors Degree in related discipline. Eight (8) years experience in similar/related position.
- Masters Degree a plus.
- Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years solid experience in a security oversight role, with positively-focused leadership and managerial experience.
- Preferably ten (10) years of professional business or management along with specific experience with the military, the Police or Security force.
How To Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should log on to www.toptechghana.com, click on logistics and follow the procedure of registration. CVs must be sent to [email protected] on or before October 15, 2011