TFHO is a local Social Marketing Organisation that promotes healthier lives by providing quality health commodities.
TFHO currently focuses on socially marketed family planning commodities, Water Sanitation and Hygiene commodities, as well Maternal and Child Health commodities.
Job Title: Senior Marketing Manager
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and delivery of marketing, media and communication strategies and initiatives. The role contributes significantly to organizational branding, growth, innovation as well as positioning TFHO as a leader in Sexual Reproductive Health, Maternal Child Health and Water and Sanitation Health sectors and products. The Senior Marketing Manager contributes towards driving greater financial sustainability through implementation of effective and efficient marketing activities. This role will serve as part of the TFHO Senior Management Team and reports to the Technical Director.
Marketing Plan and Communication
- Develop and implement marketing and communication strategies and annual activity plans ensuring alignment to donor commitments, and market conditions;
- Promote the appropriate and effective use of marketing and social & behaviour change methodologies to build marketing programs and drive impactful execution of marketing strategies;
- Champion a consumer-centric approach to all activities – supporting teams in building empathy with consumers and translating insights into effective solutions
- Undertake market segmentation and customer analysis activities to identify profiles of target markets and develop marketing campaigns in close coordination with Research, M&E team when needed
- Prepare and deliver high quality marketing materials and consumer communications including print, electronic and social media
- Manage relationships with external agencies and suppliers in relation to marketing and communication initiatives
- Manage production and distribution of print and marketing materials
- Assist in providing content and production advice for all marketing publications and materials
- Optimize the use of traditional and new media channels to expand TFHO’s reach according to the scope of the activities.
- Work in close consultation with the Sales and Distribution Manager and the Research, M&E Department on strategies and plan to ensure coordinated sales, marketing and monitoring activities
- Review marketing and communication activities to ensure they are linked to organizational goals and objectives and leverage assets across TFHO to enhance its brand and reputation.
- Measure and report on performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight for future campaigns and assess effectiveness with program goals and objectives
- Ensure that all marketing, media and communication strategies and plans are based on sound and up-to-date data and evidence.
- Develop and implement the Brand Strategy for products to achieve income and Couples Year Protection impact
- Oversee TFHO’s brand management and guidelines
- Ensure the brand and communications style is consistent across the organization
- Review brand strategy periodically, exploit positive changes in environment or effectively manage constraints to its implementation for the achievement of brand and portfolio objectives.
- Manage external agencies to ensure that appropriate, accurate and timely brand messages are communicated to the right target audience using the most appropriate cost effective medium.
- Utilize brand metrics information by feeding into brand strategy.
- Generate necessary data required for market and branding building, and brand planning across life cycles.
- Generate trial for the brands
- Develop innovative ways of generating trial for the brands.
- Develop a media marketing strategy for all brand campaigns, events and community engagement activities
- Identify and pitch relevant stories to select media to maximize editorial coverage across all elements of the TFHO brand
Management and Leadership
- Lead, mentor and motivate members of the marketing team
- Provide ongoing development and supervision to direct reports
- Contribute to the development and achievement of the organizations’ strategic and business plan
- Manage an annual budget and allocate funds in accordance with company guidelines and in a judicious manner
- Manage all marketing and communication and publicity events
- Manage the roll out of on the ground activations and develop plans to ensure sustainability of activities
- Actively measure impact of interventions
- Implement and maintain appropriate databases of contacts events and promotions
- Leverage existing and emerging technologies to engage consumers including integration of social media into marketing campaigns and activities to maximize effectiveness
- Conceptualize, propose, and carry out social media advertising campaigns.
- Oversee the production of compelling social media content.
- Grow audience on existing and new social media platforms
- Manage the content on TFHO website, ensuring website is updated regularly
- Provide recommendations for using social media as a customer service platform and other interactive ways
- Report monthly on social analytics and advertising return on investment (ROI)
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in related field with at least 4-6 years of demonstrated experience in the preparation and delivery of marketing materials and other types of print, electronic and social media
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing comprehensive marketing and communications strategies
- Experience in stakeholder relations, team management and leadership
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and giving presentations
- Private sector and NGO experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as highly developed interpersonal coaching negotiation and consultative skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic flexible team including the ability to work autonomously
- Excellent leadership, organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, and effectively prioritize competing demands
- High-level computer skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply below
If you have any queries, please e-mail [email protected] or call 0302766990 and ask to speak to a member of the HR team