The Trade Marketing Manager plays a key role within the country sales team, driving excellence in in-store execution across key customers/key accounts. The role will also focus on building expert knowledge in Group’s key categories and sharing this with the customer in order to build long term partnerships and increase profit and sales.
Leads within the country the development and implementation of category management strategies, this will focus on increasing Group’s in store presence in Group’s categories, strengthening Group’s brands, optimizing product assortment, and promotional strategy across all channels of trade.
- Competing in an increasingly competitive environment to achieve a leading position (category champion) in Group’s key categories.
- Translating brand marketing actions into winning customer marketing actions
He will report to the Country Manager.
The position is based in Accra.
- Develops country/customer/channel 4P strategy
- Defines Category trade marketing KPIs
- Defines and manages the trade marketing budget
- Develops and implements Group promotional strategy (in line with brand priorities and media plans) across customers/channels
- Presenting on 4P strategy to customers
- Key contact for the brand marketing team with regards to all promotional and customer activity.
- Proactive in setting, communicating and executing objectives that contribute to the business unit’s results.
- Acts as strong team player within the sales organization, motivates and encourages others, shares ideas and best practices actively within the team.
- Proven ability in linking commercial targets with viable action plans.
- Ability to integrate thinking on customer, category and shoppers to identify and set customer performance targets.
- Strong understanding and ability to apply category management principles and practices to improve in-store presence.
- Effectively manages short term and long term customer tactics and strategies, able to respond to short term customer needs without damaging the long term business perspective.
- Can positively manage customer/buyer expectations and objections, able to say no and maintain ongoing trading relationship.
- Acts as key interface between brand marketing function and sales function
- Sound financial ability and literacy, enabling the individual to effectively develop forecasts, identify trends, monitor performance against KPIs and track trade spend budget.
Qualifications et experience
- Min bachelors degree level ideally in a business related subject– from a recognized University
- Previous experience in FMCG or Healthcare sector will be a plus
- Ability to translate Group strategic goals into initiatives and executable objectives in own role.
- Strong business/customer relationship building skills. Able to manage diverse stakeholder interests.
- Ability to interpret and actively apply consumer/shopper insight data to support customer and sales development plans.
- Previous experience in Africa
- Excellent command in English
Apply for this job: