Posted on :
22 Nov, 2022
22 Nov, 2022
Job Title: Regional Secondary Education Advisor
Reporting and Management
• Reports to Regional Education Team Leader
• No line management responsibility
• Working as directed by the Regional Education Team Leader in partnership with GES to develop relationships and implement work streams with secondary schools including quality assurance, technical support and performance monitoring and overseeing the following tasks and activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with the Regional Education Office to improve teaching and learning and adherence to the National Teachers’ Standards (NTS) across all Senior
High Schools (SHS) and Senior High Technical Schools (SHTS). This will include work to ensure that weekly Professional Learning Community (PLC) sessions are implemented as intended across all schools.
• Provide technical and financial support to enable Regional Education Offices to oversee effective educational delivery in all SHS and SHTS within their
the region, including support to these schools to develop and implement School Improvement Plans.
• Represent the organization in public forums and meetings as directed by the Regional Education Team Leader and support the production of written reports and updates as needed to fulfill obligations to partners.
• Stakeholder management and relationship building within regions.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Postgraduate qualification or equivalent in education, project management, or a relevant discipline.
• A minimum of 6 years of working experience in education project management, capacity-building workshops organization, and facilitation is required
• Demonstrate a passion for, and understanding of, the value of education
• Knowledge and experience in the teacher education sector in Ghana including knowledge of teaching and learning, school management, and education quality improvement.
• Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders.
• Excellent planning skills including the ability to develop complex multifaceted work plans and see them through to completion by supporting others to deliver.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience in monitoring the implementation of work plans, performance, and results.
• Well-organised, task- and time-oriented, and with close attention to details.
• Good ICT skills (including documents, spreadsheets, e-mail, calendar, and Android tablets/phones).
• Independent with the ability to use own initiative and ability to be flexible.
Location: Nationwide Recruitment
How To Apply
Applications are to be submitted electronically to:
Applicants should clearly state the title of the job they are applying for in the subject line of their email and application letter. For the Education Advisor role, kindly indicate your preference for either a basic or secondary education position in the subject line of the email.