Posted on :
22 Nov, 2022
22 Nov, 2022
Job Title: Internal Auditor
REPORTING AND MANAGEMENT
• Reports to Chief Internal Auditor
• No line management responsibility
• The Internal Auditor works under the direction of the Chief Internal Auditor to provide independent and objective assurance and advisory services to facilitate organizational accountability, enhance risk management, governance, control processes and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of T-TEL’s operational and programmatic performance.
• She/He will audit T-TEL’s grants and other downstream partners to ensure that there is adherence to grant agreements and funds administered are being used for the intended purposes.
• The Internal Auditor will also contribute to the establishment of systems and standards for conducting audits and will generally conduct audits independently or participate as a team member for major or complex audits.
The Internal Auditor will specifically:
• Review T-TEL’s operating documents including the Financial Management Manual and Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual to ensure that they adhere to best practice and ensure that there are no institutional control weaknesses.
• Plan and perform audits to review supporting documents to ensure T-TEL’s operations across the head office conform with the procedures and processes set out in the organization’s Financial Management Manual and Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Conduct due diligence assessments on T-TEL’s grant partners by reviewing their operational and financial systems, administration records, accountability procedures, staffing, planning, budgets, specific key result indicators, legal compliance, and general management practices. Conducts audits in a facilitative manner, emphasizing opportunities for training and development of ministry partner workers.
• Conduct field audits on T-TEL’s grant partners through inspecting programs against documented standards and sound control practices, including reviewing risk assessment systems. Conduct audits on a full range of standards and best practices such as management, operational, staffing, legal, planning, procedural, and financial compliance. Conducts audits using a consultative, partnership approach, helping the partner to uncover issues and implement corrective action.
• Identify any control weaknesses through analysis of documentation and prepare and present reports that reflect audit findings and contain recommendations for action by the Finance & Audit Committee.
• Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
• Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
• Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
Qualification Required & Experience
• Proven working experience as Internal Auditor
• Part-Qualified Accountant or Finance Manager with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
• Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules regulations
• Proven ability to conduct internal audit engagements covering the planning, fieldwork, and reporting phases.
• High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
• Advanced Excel skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of internal auditing standards and practices, risk management, and internal controls.
• Understanding of the concepts of due diligence, value for money and ethics and transparency.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Independent with the ability to use own initiative and display sound judgement.
• A good communicator with strong relationship building skills.
• Demonstrable ability to deliver to deadlines.
How To Apply
Applications are to be submitted electronically to:
Applicants should clearly state the title of the job they are applying for in the subject line of their email and application letter. For the Education Advisor role, kindly indicate your preference for either a basic or secondary education position in the subject line of the email.