To lead the category management team in developing & executing trade strategies and build programs within the portfolio of categories/brands they manage in order to increase company Sales and maximize profitability through efficient spending within these categories/brands.
Job Title: Senior Category Manager
- Organizes and staffs the brand management team with adequate resources and talent in order to achieve the desired levels of Organizational Excellence.
- Provides the brand management team with adequate training, coaching and mentoring in order to develop their brand management skills and ensure continuity and proper career paths.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with all suppliers through reviews, calls, and other connections in order to keep Transmed as the best business partner.
- Manages the Advertising & Promotions budgets through negotiation with suppliers on payment terms, pricing, activities and other trading terms through joint business plan in order to maximize the company’s sales and profitability.
- Oversees the development and execution of the joint business plan for the team’s brands in order to focus the efforts and drive efficiency.
- Oversees the spending of the A&P funds allocated to each brand in order to achieve target profitability and avoid misuse of funds.
- Oversees the forecasting process of each assigned brand in order to ensure optimum stock levels.
- Approves the brand marketing activities and development of in-store & POS material in order to ensure top quality execution and achieve brand image / equity objectives.
- Analyzes brand Sales data and market share trends by channel and come up with meaningful conclusions and insights in order to develop the necessary marketing activities by channel.
Communication with the Sales Team
- Manages the process of the monthly, quarterly and annual business reviews with Sales leaders of different channels in order to communicate any updates and collect trade information.
- Conducts frequent field visits and communicate observations to the Sales manager in order to ensure in-store execution of activities meets plans and brand strategy.