Posted on :
18 Jul, 2016
18 Jul, 2016
TREE AID, an international NGO, which works to reduce poverty, using trees and tree resources, has launched its operations in the country by inaugurating its Ghana Country Office in Tamale.
The inauguration of the Ghana Country Office of TREE AID International, which is based in the United Kingdom with its West African Office in Ougadougou, Burkina Faso, forms part of its decentralization and expansion strategy to get closer to beneficiaries of its initiatives.
Speaking at its inauguration, Mr Ludovic Pascal Conditamde, Director of West Africa Operations of TREE AID said “Our mission is to help villages living in the dry lands of Africa unlock the potential of trees to reduce poverty and protect the environment.”
Mr Conditamde said TREE AID would and encourage communities to plant various tree species in northern Ghana to help protect and improve the environment by building greater understanding of how best to manage natural resources.
Job Title: Ghana Country Programme Manager
We wish to appoint a Ghana Country Programmes Manager to oversee and coordinate all TREE AID programmes and activities in Ghana.
This is a great opportunity to bring transformational change to some of the world’s poorest people. TREE AID works in the drylands of Africa, using agroforestry to relieve poverty and protect the environment. We are unique in what we do and have great potential and ambition to grow. The Ghana Country Programme Manager key objectives will be to:
• Ensure strong implementation of programming across the entire Ghana programme portfolio, monitoring progress regularly and ensure learning of programme progress is incorporated into future project design.
• In coordination with other TREE AID West Africa and with TREE AID UK teams, develop new programme designs and proposals
• Represent TREE AID in Ghana with all key stakeholders including TREE AID Ghana Board, government, partners and donors
• Manage TREE AID Ghana team
Qualification Required & Experience
• You will have a background in rural development with proven experience in management of programmes, partner organisations and staff.
• With excellent skills in management, monitoring, programme design and the ability to present and report information accurately and intelligibly, you will take the initiative and work well as part of a team.
• Above all – inspired by TREE AID’s mission to alleviate poverty sustainably whilst improving the environment – you will be committed to empowering families in some of Ghana’s poorest communities to thrive, rather than just survive.
• We have ambitious plans for the future. Help us to realise them.
How To Apply For The Job
To apply, please send your CV, equal opportunities monitoring form and a supporting statement setting out how you meet the person specification to:-
The full job description and person specification, and equal opportunities monitoring form can be downloaded from www.treeaid.org.uk.
Closing Date: 25 July, 2016
Interview Date: 2nd August 2016
TREE AID Ghana is a non-profit making organisation and is a company limited by guarantee under the Ghanaian Companies Act 1963.