Job Title: Policy, Research and Monitoring Manager
OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
- To manage Policy, Research and M&E programmes and initiatives that aim at improving the various operational areas of the tree Crops industry in Ghana and thereby ensuring its sustenance in the global Tree Crops economy.
- To lead teams of researchers in the development of research projects, data collection, data analysis, report writing and M&E programmes for Management’s information and policy decisions.
- To represent the Authority at relevant policy making platforms in the Tree Crops industry and occasionally mandated to represent TCDA at external forums.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage aspects of Research and M&E projects (socio-economic, market and other operational area).
- Help in the conceptualisation of research design;
- Lead teams of researchers in field data collection;
- Identify research instruments and protocols;
- Develop and implement analysis plans;
- Lead research teams in the implementation of research projects.
- Develop and implement M&E programmes.
- Write research M & E reports (as the lead or principal author).
- Manage project budgets.
- Maintain relationship with other Departmental Heads.
Manage policy/corporate planning
- Identify relevant policy/corporate strategies for the Tree Crops industry in Ghana;
- Develop the appropriate platform for the conceptualisation of policies and corporate plans;
- Contribute to organisational strategy, structure and process discussions;
- Help develop appropriate linkage with other departments in the implementation of policy projects;
- Work closely with Director of Operations to identify staff training needs;
- Help to maintain a positive organisational culture;
- Work with staff to meet development needs of the P, R and M&E Department.
- Provide guidance and supervision to subordinate staff.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Director of Operations or management.
- Master’s degree in Economics/Social Science or equivalent with a minimum of seven (7) years post-qualification working experience.
- Three (3) years satisfactory service as a Research, Policy and Monitoring & Evaluation Officer.
- Must have appreciable level of research and project management skills;
- Must be conversant with qualitative and quantitative approaches to research and monitoring;
- Must have experience in policy/corporate planning;
- Must have knowledge of the local Tree Crop industry and the global Tree Crop economy.