Job Title: Assistant Audit Manager
Contact with other Departments at Head Office and Zonal Offices
Interact with External Auditors. Interact with Suppliers and contractors.
OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
To carry out the audit of the TCDA Head Office and Zonal Offices operations, to ensure that transactions are undertaken on sound financial basis and in conformity with approved programmes, budgets and policies.
To assess and report on the extent of compliance with laid down policies and procedures and to ensure that financial transactions are properly accounted for and also investigate and report to the TCDA Board on frauds, irregularities and weaknesses in operational procedures
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop audit policies and procedures based on best practices of standards.
- Guide the execution of audit assignments in an efficient and effective manner.
- Prepare audit plans, showing priorities and objectives and ensure effective implementation
- Analyze the internal control systems and advise on weaknesses with recommendations for improvement by assessing,
- The reliability and integrity of financial and operating information provided to the board
- The means of safeguarding TCDA assets
- The deployment and utilization of resources in the most efficient, economical and effective manner
- The achievement of or the departure from TCDA set objectives Communicate audit results to key stakeholders of TCDA
- Carry out assignment of an investigative nature as requested by the Board and communicate thereof
- Execute planned audit activities at Head Office in accordance with programmes.
- Supervise the execution of planned audit activities at Zonal Offices.
- Carry out investigations on specific assignments as requested by management.
- Review on a continuous basis, existing systems/practices/controls with the view to bringing out loopholes and making recommendations for innovations towards improved financial, operational and management efficiency.
- Review and evaluate performance of other departments for the attention of the CEO.
- Interpret conditions of service to and handle problems of immediate subordinates.
- Appraise the performance of immediate subordinates and review those for lower level subordinates.
- Prepare budget for the department as input for the preparation of TCDA budget.
- Identify the training needs of immediate subordinates and organize or recommend appropriate training for them.
- Responsible for all audit equipment at the Audit Department.
- Handle the processing of bills and vouchers for certification before payment.
- Carry out additional duties that shall be delegated by Management.
- A recognized professional qualification in Accounting, such as CA(Gh), CIMA, ACCA, CPA, or a Master’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent with a minimum of seven (7) years post-qualification working experience.
- Three (3) years satisfactory service as an Audit Officer.
- Must have sound knowledge of Financial Management and Audit Techniques.
- Must have analytical skills
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be a person of high integrity, credibility and good interpersonal skills