Job Title: Human Resource Manager
OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
- To guide and manage the overall provision of Human Resource services, policies, and programmes.
- To coordinate the implementation of people-related services, policies and programmes through Human Resource Staff and assist and advice line managers about Human Resource issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise on human resource strategies, policies and practices in order to ensure that the Authority has the high quality, well-motivated and committed workforce it needs
- Prepare demand and supply forecasts of human resources requirements and plans for the recruitment and retention of employees to meet TCDA’S objectives
- Provide a recruitment and selection service to meet the Authority’s Needs
- Provide advice on all employment and health and safety matters, including issues arising in connection with employment legislation, to ensure that the Authority meets its legal and social obligations and avoids legal actions
- Develop and help implement effective performance management processes
- Plan and implement training and development programmes to meet identified needs and satisfy the Authority’s requirement for an effective and multi-skilled workforce
- Advice on reward management systems and the operation of TCDA’s pay structure and performance pay schemes
- Advise on employee relations issues and coordinate the Authority’s pay involvement and communication processes in order to develop and maintain a cooperative and peaceful climate of employee relations in TCDA
- Develop and maintain effective personal database system
- Ensure the effective and efficient management of a registry and mailing system for the Authority
- Ensure the smooth and regular provision of services such as the security, office supplies and telephone facilities to all functional relations in TCDA
- Provide direct oversight for compensation, classification, recruitment, selection, training, policy development, fair employment practices, and records maintenance.
- Direct and administer the Authority’s Employee Development Programmes and other employee programmes in support of the Authority’s mission.
- Supervise assigned staff, determine work performance standards, conduct performance evaluations, provide direction to staff, conduct employment interviews, and handle disciplinary problems.
- Meet with individual employees and employee organizations to clarify and resolve personnel problems, interpret and apply ordinances, laws, rules, regulations, and agreements.
- Implement changes to the Authority’s Human Resource policies, regulations, programmes, and systems, as needed.
- Develop and implement training programmes, which includes Human Resource policies, systems, and professional development opportunities for employees.
- Liaise with Agencies, local Training Institutions etc. on matters relating to Orientation, and Training & development of staff.
- Compile monthly report on staff training programmes and cost for submission to management.
- Prepare budget for the department as input for the preparation of TCDA budget.
- Maintain HR records and data bank on training & development.
- Liaise with Department Heads on matters relating to Training needs identification, training programmes development and evaluation of training.
- Develop and administer the budget for the department, which includes justifying staffing, equipment, training and supplies to provide human resource services and carry out the department’s mission.
- Update job description and process staff performance appraisal forms.
- Process document on welfare staff loans.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by management.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, e.g. MPA, MBA, Industrial Psychology or Sociology with a minimum seven (7) years post-qualification experience;
Or Postgraduate diploma in Public Administration, Industrial Psychology or Sociology with a minimum of ten (10) years post-qualification experience.
- Should have three (3) years satisfactory service as a Human Resource Officer
- Must have sound knowledge of Human Resource Management and Techniques.
- Must have analytical skills
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be a person of high integrity, credibility and good interpersonal skills.