Job Title: Accounts Manager
OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
- Plan, direct and control financial resources of TCDA
- Provide over all coordination and supervision of the various activities involved in the management of and reporting on the Financial resources of TCDA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advice Deputy Chief Executive Officer (Finance and Administration) on all financial matters of the Authority
- Institute appropriate systems of accounting to maintain proper records and provide guidelines for the maintenance of the systems
- Develop procedures for efficient management of funds by other departments
- Ensure that annual budgets and financial statements are prepared on time for presentation to management
- Consolidate the accounts of the Authority and other departments
- Ensure that statutory financial obligations are discharged
- Prepare and submit periodic financial reports to management
- Submit annual financial performance report to State Interest and Governance Authority (SIGA)
- Organize budget interviews for Heads of Departments/Sections
- Participate in strategic, financial and human resource planning
- Respond to auditors’ comments concerning finances and operations and oversee required action to address deficiencies
- Approve the chart accounts and maintain commitment controls
- Manage investments and reserves
- Supervise immediate subordinates of the Finance Department to ensure that time, quality and other set standards are adhered to.
- Institute good systems of accounting to maintain good records and give directions for the maintenance of the systems.
- Prepare the Annual Master Budget for TCDA.
- Supervise and Monitor developments in the Budget and prepare quarterly management accounts and budgetary performance reports for presentation to management.
- Assist in liaising with Departmental Heads in the collation of information for the preparation of Annual Budgets.
- Supervise the preparation of Financial Reports, analyze and monitor the overall financial position of the Authority to ensure prompt receipt of all receivables and payment of all payables.
- Sign cheques and payment advice.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by DCEO (F&A) or Management.
- Interpret conditions of service to and handle problems of immediate subordinates and (where necessary) consults with appropriate departments.
- Appraise the performance of immediate subordinates and review those for lower level subordinates.
- Identify the training needs of immediate subordinates and organize or recommend appropriate training for them
- Administer disciplinary measures to immediate subordinates in accordance with TCDA’s disciplinary code and procedure.
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY
- Give approval of Finance Department staff leave.
- Write confidential reports on Finance Department staff.
- Has limited disbursement authority.
- A recognized professional qualification in Accounting, such as CA(Gh), CIMA, ACCA, CPA, or a Master’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent with a minimum of seven (7) years post-qualification working experience.
- Three (3) years satisfactory service as an Accounts Officer.
- Must have sound knowledge of Financial Accounting Techniques, Standards, Rules and Regulations.
- A member of a recognized professional body is an advantage
- Must have analytical skills
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be a person of high integrity, credibility and good interpersonal skills.