Posted on :
21 Oct, 2021
21 Oct, 2021
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
Job Title: Instrumentation, Control and Systems Engineer
We are looking for an Instrumentation, Control and Systems Engineer to be based in Accra, Ghana. This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis.
The role will report to the Engineering Assurance and Project Manager. The individual will have experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil and gas sector. They will be an effective communicator who can deliver and demonstrate their knowledge FPSO Integrated Control and Safety Systems (inc Yokogawa). We are looking for a candidate with excellent organisation and project planning skills and able to adequately support the offshore operation team.
Provides daily and ongoing instrumentation, controls & systems engineering onshore support to the TGL Facility Operations on KNK FPSO, including: –
Preparation of technical documents, method statements and construction workpacks
Preparation of scopes of work to Engineering contractor for large scope
Provide technical assurance on maintenance and upgrade of Integrated Control and Safety Systems installed offshore
This includes but is not limited to:
• Ensures all maintenance & operational modification activities within Instrumentation & Controls, Functional Safety Metering and Telecommunications discipline are carried out safely, in accordance with Company Policy & Process, to the highest standards of quality.
• Liaises with the appointed Instrumentation & Controls, Functional Safety, Metering and Telecommunications Technical Authority (TA) as appropriate in relation to technical modifications, SCE related performance standards, assurance & verification activities, procedure changes & deviations.
• Carries out & assists with RCA investigations into instruments & controls related incidents/equipment failures, including recommended preventative actions.
• Ensure that all changes are properly documented and all software revisions are stored in accordance with Company Policy
• Provide technical support and recommendations to project teams at engineering and implementation stages
• Ensures compliance with company general specifications & requirements, local legislative & operational requirements including override management, petroleum measurement regulations (metering), functional safety, isolation standards, system & equipment testing, etc.
• Pro-actively searches, prepares and delivers follow up on technology advances and cost saving initiatives.
Key roles and responsibilites:
Provides to the operation team engineering support for any change in the Facilities systems including power generation, safety and production process control systems (ICSS), Fire and Gas, utility and marine systems.
• Provides to the FPSO systems technicians Instrumentation & Controls (ICSS), Metering and Telecommunications technical support.
• Maintains up to date knowledge of relevant codes, standards, and legislative requirements.
• Participates in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) assessments.
• Liaises with vendors, sub-contractors & appropriate Technical Authority (TA) to improve equipment performance & deliver operational & project modifications to improve operational efficiency.
• Identifies, develops, and completes Management of Change, Engineering Change Requests including Engineering assessments and Software Change Requests with respect to all instrumentation & control, metering and telecommunications engineering related systems and equipment. This includes the design and engineering standards and specifications review and development. Proposed change markups, equipment sizing, engineering proposals & calculations as required.
• Provide project or modification technical approval
• Provides ongoing progress reports to the MoC Lead with respect to the change request work activities and any identified issues.
• Plans and manages work scopes with company approved contractors for the facility.
• Completes ongoing oversight / monitoring of the facility mechanical,electrical & instrumentation equipment and systems.
• Directs technicians and contractors to ensure TGL objectives and targets are met on budget, safety, risk, quality, and engineering standards.
• Engages external vendors and local service providers, within the assigned authority levels
A tertiary qualification such as a bachelor’s degree in Instrumentation & Control engineering or equivalent. Desirable formal training in Oil &Gas or Chemical industries including extensive Instrumentation, Control and Systems experience.
Skills and experience:
• Experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry, preferably with Floating Production facilities.
• Previous experience with the operation and maintenance of instrumentation and control systems (ICSS) within a large-scale process plant, with the ability to interrogate existing logic and propose/build modified blocks.
• Able to demonstrate a good work ethic & knowledge of the relevant Ghanaian and International standards applicable to the oil & gas industry, and how they relate specifically to the facility operations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• High level of computer literacy in office packages, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Ability to find and mark-up existing documents in a coherent manner for use in scoping and implementing changes
• Experience with instrumentation & control systems, field transmitters, actuated modulating control & on/off valves, analyzers, functional safety, metering systems & compliance and telecommunication systems.
• Knowledge of the document control and procurement management systems and processes. Knowledge of the maintenance management system, preferably MAXIMO.
• Current OPITO accredited TBOSIET (Tropical Basic Offshore Safety Escape Training) qualification and UKOOA accredited offshore medical clearance certificate are required for offshore travel to the FPSO
Self-starter who works independently as well as part of a team.
• Acts as change agent to drive innovation and team collaboration
• Indirectly supervises Junior Engineers and offshore system technicians
• Acts as change agent to drive innovation and team collaboration
• Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrates ability to work independently and a high level of analytical ability to identify and resolve non-recurring problems.
• Demonstrates capacity to effectively communicate using good written, verbal, presentation and listening skills.
• Shows evidence of good organization and project planning skills.
• Demonstrates ability to interpret and apply relevant policies and procedures. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
• Able to work effectively as part of a team in a multicultural environment.
• Demonstrate an innovative and proactive approach, ability to work on own initiative.
• Ability to take responsibility and manage tasks through to completion
• React quickly & flexible to changing circumstances
• Seek ways to find and apply best practice in a pragmatic, fit for purpose approach
• Open, honest & reliable.
• Accept accountability and responsibility whilst also engaging and consulting with supervisors, other engineers and team leaders
• Able to establish an interactive relationship with the contractors / suppliers to establish a positive Company relationship.
• Uphold the Tullow Business Ethics & Values
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
A performance-driven culture that generates results.
A commitment to your personal and professional development.
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.