Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
Tullow Oil is looking to appoint a Materials Preservation Specialist. The position will be based in Takoradi, Ghana. Materials Preservation and Inspections refers to the process inspecting and maintaining of company owned material and equipment while stored at company warehouses, storage yard areas, or 3rd Party contractor facility. Equally, ensuring adequate QA/QC company oversight to material being stored fabricated or refurbished at the local 3rd party contractors.
The materials inspection and preservation activities vary dependent on item requirements as defined by the Engineering Authority, Equipment Original Manufacturer (EOM),TGL O&M Technical personnel.
The Materials Preservation & Inspection Lead provides leadership in the development and execution of the materials preservation and quality planning process to ensure that equipment is inspected, cared for, and maintained in accordance with manufacturers specifications from the time is received (owned) by TGL until is delivered offshore for installation.
The role acts as an SME within MM Warehouse team in support of the offshore operations & maintenance departments by ensuring O&G equipment spares are correct and fit for their intended service through material quality inspections and asset preservation.
Job Title: Materials Preservation Specialist
The Successful Candidate Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and oversee material preservation and quality activities at all in-country locations where assets are in TGL’s care and custody.
- Conduct an oversight to 3rd party in-country vendor location where TGL assets are stored to conduct quality and preservation activity surveillance. Ensures the preservation activities are being conducted on agreed intervals and follow OEM guidelines and procedures.
- Develop and implement materials quality and preservation procedures in support of TGL operated assets.
- Develop and implement preservation routines utilizing TGL Maximo WMS system.
- Assist in development and implementation of company quality standards for TGL owned assets and materials.
- Identify TGL owned equipment and materials that are subject to quality control and preservation.
- Ensure that inventory items are received, stored and issued in a fit for purpose conditions.
- Provide technical oversight and QA/QC for repairs/rebuilds/fabrication of operational equipment being performed in-country at 3rd party vendor locations.
- Assist TGL Project teams with developing system and procedure to track, inspect, and preserve project materials from arriving in-country ‘till post-project material returns and disposals.
- Support and assist with development of materials documentation database collected from TGL O&M, OEM suppliers, 3rd party contractors, and Engineers (i.e., certification dossiers, equipment testing, QA/QC docs, etc.).
- Assist TGL Engineering and SCM with establishing 3rd party contracts to deliver materials quality and preservation activities.
- Assist O&M and Engineering functions with development of materials quality and preservation scope budgets.
- Coordinate with local L&M team to perform necessary equipment and materials movements to enable execution of quality and preservation checks and activities.
- Liaise with Maintenance personnel and Materials Coordination team onshore and offshore, to identify and address any Materials quality issues.
- Oversee and coordinate 3rd party materials quality inspection activity at TGL facilities.
- Ensure adequate inventory availability of spares and consumables to perform preservation activities.
- Assist MM Warehouse team with identification of engineering type inventories, especially those not in current inventory.
- Assist MM Warehouse with identification of potential inventory disposal candidates within existing inventory.
- Review TGL spares inventories to ensure storage conditions meet the OEM’s recommendation. Ensure such information is entered and maintained in the Material Master database.
- Capable to fill-in for offshore O&M supervisory roles when required.
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrable hands-on experience in area of O&G maintenance, engineering, or O&G related inventory preservation.
- Previous work experience with Maximo WMS system a must.
- Previous hands-on experience working with repairing, maintaining, preserving engineered type equipment.
- Previous FPSO experience a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of equipment and materials employed in Oil & Gas / Mining industry.
- Knowledge of materials, warehousing, inventory operations a plus.
- English language and numeracy skills a must.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Technically competent to stand-in for key FPSO offshore maintenance roles.
Degree in technical or related disciplines. Can be substituted by 10 year of direct FPSO maintenance experience.
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer
A performance-driven culture that generates results.
A commitment to your personal and professional development.
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
A culture that appreciates inclusion & diversity and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition of your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial, and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons, and extend your professional network.