Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised, and African focussed independent oil and gas company. The Group has interests in over 30 exploration and production licences across 8 countries in Africa and South America.Tullow Oil has an exciting opportunity for a Contract Advisor to join the Capital Procurement Team supporting Well Engineering and Exploration.
Job Title: Contracts Advisor – Capital Procurement (Wells Expl.)
Responsible to source and execute Rigs, Wells and Exploration (RWE) contracts and the daily execution of RWE procurement objectives and strategy. Also, to serve as the Subject Matter Expert for sourcing and contracting for RWE contracts such as Oil Country Tubular Goods (OCTG).
To support the development of contracting strategies, the composition, issuance, and management of invitations to tender, bid evaluation and negotiation of terms and conditions, including preparation of the recommendation to award, and award of the final contract.
To provide post-award contract management, administration and reporting, and contractor performance management
This role is based in Accra, Ghana
The following are the key roles and responsibilities of the successful candidate
Demand Planning/ Concept/Strategy Development
- Review annual business plan to understand forward demand and document key findings, priorities, and assumptions from spend and contracts
- Analyse the RWE business landscape, spend by sub-category and supplier to feed into category strategy and identify value optimization opportunities
- Develop contract strategies and tender go-to-market plans for complex RWE contracts
- Develop and execute complex RWE tenders, this includes tender requests, tender evaluation, negotiations, and supplier due diligence
- Incorporate Local Content during sourcing events and ensure that the contracts meet the Local Content requirements
- Secure complex RWE contracts (drafting and development) and ensure proper storage of contracts and associated documentation in-line with Tullow Oil requirements.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Drive complex RWE contracts management with end users to ensure that suppliers deliver their performance obligations and comply with the terms and conditions of the contract
- Provide oversight and conduct RWE contracts renewal and closure and communicate the updates with relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with and develop suppliers to create sustainable long-term relationships where applicable
- Identify opportunities to create synergies across the business to obtain increased value from the overall procurement contract portfolio
- Support internal and external audits where required
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for RWE sourcing and contracting
Capability Development and other areas
- Assist in the development and implementation of capability development initiatives to improve procurement outcomes
- Actively support rollout of SCM Transformation initiatives (e.g., Contract Lifecycle Management and Supplier Management)
- Uphold and work within the Tullow values
- Formulating, evaluating, and negotiating complex contracts
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with diverse business drivers and variables
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and articulate and present solutions.
- Advanced English language and numeracy skills. High level of competency in MS Word and Excel
- Proven experience in energy industry (ideally with exposure to Drilling Rigs and Well Services) sourcing, contracting, negotiation, and contract management.
- Good understanding of significant legal and commercial issues within supply chain.
- Proven experience of negotiating contracts.
- Exposure with international procurement / handling of categories with large multi-national suppliers in oligopolistic environment.
- Awareness of oil and gas field development and production operations activities.
- Degree qualification (ideally in quantitative / analytics focused area)
- Preference for additional SCM related qualification, eg. CIPS, MBA
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
A performance-driven culture that generates results.
A commitment to your personal and professional development.
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.