Posted on :
17 Jan, 2017
17 Jan, 2017
Turning Point Farms Ltd is company registered under the company’s code of Ghana 1963 Act 179, with a five board member. The company operate in over 300 communities in the Northern and Upper East regions of Ghana with over 13,500 farmers and still counting. The company operate an out grower model that put farmers into groups and assist them in the production, as well as the marketing of their produce hence ensuring a complete value chain. The company also assist these farmers with sources of quality agriculture services and farm inputs by helping groups acquire machinery through minimal contribution schemes. We give support to the farmers in the form of providing services such as land preparation, planting, harvesting, storage, transport and distribution and marketing of their produce.
Our clients are mostly based in the rural areas where the core livelihood activities are farming and other agro related activities. The company has gained 100% loyalty from customers who largely depend on us for the progress of their activities. As an agro company, our bankers are Unibank Ghana Ltd with logistics supplies to be established with Sonalika International, (West Africa Agrotech Company Ghana Limited) to be the key suppliers of all agriculture machinery and other agro support services such as irrigation, yet to be included in our products.
The Director of Information Technology will oversee the development, implementation, and use of technology throughout the organisation, working closely with support staff to assess and address users’ adequate needs.
Areas of responsibility include the full range of information systems and telecommunications activities, including determining user requirements, recommending practical solutions, and leading the organisation-wide efforts to improve the effective use of technology.
Job Title: Information Technology (IT) Manager
The IT Manager reports to the Chief Executive Officer and supervises all IT employees. Other working relationships include the data entry teams, Heads of Departments, all system users, external vendors and consultants.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage IT staff, including hiring, training, evaluation, guidance, discipline and discharge.
• Manage financial aspects of the IT Division, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
• Support the organisations overall IT mission and follow all standards, policies, procedures, and confidentiality guidelines.
• Develop the IT staff to meet the changing needs of users, groups and offices; new projects and technologies; and varying staff strengths.
• Develop and implement standard IT operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and to end-users. Including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
• Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
• Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services. Work with advocacy staff to develop strategies and plans to enhance client services, improve user effectiveness, and foster innovation.
• Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
• Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, software applications, and peripherals.
• Provide expertise and support during systems upgrades, installations, conversions and file maintenance.
• Oversee systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems.
• Regularly communicate system changes with executive management and all users of information services and systems.
• Manage servers, security solutions, network hardware and equipment.
• Manage telecommunications infrastructure and development plans, projects, policies and procedures.
• Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent education and five or more years’ experience.
• HND plus certifications in related field, with ten or more years of progressive IT experience, including experience in a multi-office environment.
• Experience in working at with higher education and/or nonprofit organizations preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team of technical staff, to work with the Executive Team of an organization.
• Extensive project management experience with evidence of developing and managing multiple concurrent projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in conducting direct research into IT issues and products.
• Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skill.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants with CVs should be sent to:
Closing Date: 25 January, 2017
Applications submitted after this date will not be considered. Only qualified applicants will be contacted