Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life’s not about a job, it’s about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we’ll do what’s right (not what’s easy) to serve the public conversation.
Job Title: Vendor Manager, Twitter Service
Who we are:
Twitter’s mission is to serve the public conversation, and it’s essential – for the world and for Twitter – to increase the number of people who feel comfortable participating in it. In line with our growth strategy, we’re excited to announce that we are now actively filling for roles in Ghana. Our teams must be more immersed in the rich and vibrant communities that drive the conversations taking place every day across Africa, and we can only do this by engaging local teams and tapping into their expertise and exceptional talent.
Twitter Service is dedicated to delivering customer service through meaningful connections and enforcing policies to promote healthy exchanges in the public conversation. Whether Twitter is optimizing support operations, guarding the health of the service through scaled enforcement, driving content and support channel strategies, or localizing the product for our global audience, Twitter is with its customers every step of the way. Within Twitter Service, the Vendor Operations team manages relationships and strategies with large managed service providers and enables the organization to effectively operate at scale
Twitter is seeking a Vendor Manager who will support the end-to-end vendor relationship for suppliers. You will utilize systems knowledge, analytical capabilities to ensure that vendor support performance obligations are being met across multiple programs. Through effective administration, you will help define and maximize value out of existing supplier engagements. This is an individual contributor (IC) role.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with internal/external stakeholders and vendor partners, which will include executing operational strategies for Twitter’s global outsourcing model, through proactive communication and facilitation of cross-functional projects.
- Collaborate with vendor counterparts in regards to onboarding and offboarding of agents, process excellence and improvements, infrastructure support.
- Process and utilize metrics and analytics to make recommendations and identify continuous improvement and cost effective solutions.
- Continuously strive towards improving efficiency, reducing waste and adding value to existing processes and workflows.
- Facilitate innovative initiatives by developing a deep understanding of business requirements and maximizing value from vendor partners.
Who You Are:
- You will be viewed as a vendor support subject matter expert within the vendor management team, which includes supporting the operational relationship management.
- Domain Expertise: You have a working knowledge of vendor management practices, including governance and workforce management. You are the subject matter expert and are able to apply operational requirements to new or existing vendor engagements.
- Analytical Capabilities: You have a background in vendor engagement and support that enables you to make informed decisions on a day-to-day basis. You are able to leverage reports and dashboards and use your findings to optimize vendor performance, create more streamlined processes and identify cost saving opportunities.
- Communication: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and can be trusted to speak for and represent the global Vendor Management team in most situations. You are proactive and navigate ambiguous situations with confidence and know the right situations in which to raise a red flag to your leadership team.
- Problem solving: People will come to you with hard problems that they can’t solve so that you can guide them through complex solutions. You seek out people across the business in order to learn new things and unblock barriers to success. You research possible outcomes and proactively make recommendations to your stakeholders. You understand how to prioritize projects and how to negotiate up and across the business for the resources you and your team need.
- Team Player: You are part of an organization that relies on a lot of mutual trust and respect to get stuff done. You’ll give and take feedback well, learn from your mistakes and operate with a growth mindset.
- Minimum Qualifications
- BA/BS degree or local equivalent
- 3-4 years of working experience in project management
- Have prior vendor support, relationship management, and/or engagement experience (2+ years)
- Experience working with content management systems
- Comfortable with analytics
- Experience working with West African and African markets
- Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in Business, Statistics, or Data Analytics
- Experience working in hi-tech, online or telecommunications industries
- Languages strongly preferred: English, French, and Pidgin
- Experience with Business Process Outsourcing, Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen or PMP
- Domain and Industry Experience: Background experience with call center services, data analysis, tech troubleshooting, social media / content moderation background
- Experience working in hi-tech, online or telecommunications, COMO industries
- Languages strongly preferred: English, French, and Pidgin
- Active, passionate Twitter user with strong interest in social media
- Twitter is committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. Twitter does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
- Twitter is partnering with RDK Consulting Services to fill these roles and provide the described services for Twitter in Ghana.