Posted on :
22 Oct, 2021
22 Oct, 2021
The U. S. Embassy is seeking eligible applicants for the position of Agricultural Marketing Specialist. The work schedule for this position is full time 40 hours per week.
Job Title: Agricultural Marketing Specialist
• The Agricultural Marketing Specialist (mid-level specialist) is responsible for representing the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) in Accra, Ghana.
• Responsibilities include conducting research in major market access constraints and trade opportunities, resolving market access issues, and monitoring developments in trade policy and competitor activities affecting U.S. trade interests.
• Develops broad range of professional and social relationships (mid-to-high levels) to exchange information and gain cooperation on substantive marketing, trade, and agricultural policy matters.
• Independently conceptualizes and develops marketing activities based on research and analysis of market information and hosts dialogues with public and private sector officials.
• Executes digital, social and traditional media activities.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Food and Agricultural Marketing, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Agriculture, International Trade, or Hospitality Management is required.
• Minimum five years of work experience in one or more fields of agricultural economics, agricultural policy, commodity trade and marketing, project management, and marketing analysis/research that includes extensive analysis and report writing on complex subjects is required.
• Detailed knowledge of FAS goals, programs, reporting requirements and procedures, and of U.S. agricultural policies and trading practices followed by American exporters.
• Thorough knowledge of agricultural practices, market conditions, and government policies in the host country.
• Knowledge of host government structure and responsibilities of various ministries and offices, congressional and legislative processes as it relates to economic, trade, and agricultural policy matters is required.
• Significant knowledge of international agreements relating to agricultural policy, and a strong understanding of agricultural economic supply/demand theories and concepts.
• LANGUAGE: Fluent English speaking, reading and writing is required. Fluent Akan speaking, reading and writing is required. (Language proficiency will be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) to create documents and spreadsheets, maintain and update databases, and develop presentations.
• Use of FAS specialized software and data analysis programs.
• A valid driving license is required.
• Must be knowledgeable in analyzing agricultural production, global agricultural trade concepts, and economic supply/demand concepts. Required to analyze and apply complex statistical data and maintain data sets for accurate commodity and trade reporting.
• Drafts highly specialized reports on markets and trade policy.
• Must have excellent time management skills to cope with the diversity of work and deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively with government, public, and private individuals to obtain information and resolve trade issues. (Driving skills will be tested).
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.