Posted on :
17 May, 2016
17 May, 2016
The University for Development Studies (UDS) was established in May 1992 by PNDC Law 279 to blend the academic world with that of the community in order to provide constructive and meaningful interaction between the two for the total Development of Northern Ghana, in particular, and Ghana as whole. It began academic work in September 1993 with the first batch of thirty-nine (39) students admitted into the Faculty of Agriculture, (FOA), Nyankpala.
The University’s principal objective is to address and find solutions to the environmental problems and socio-economic deprivations that have characterized northern Ghana in particular and are also found in some rural areas throughout the rest of the country.
Accordingly, UDS consciously and systematically run programmes that are targeted to prepare the individuals to establish their own careers in specialized areas. Further it equips these practitioners with requisite knowledge to enable them to live and function in any deprived community in the country.
Company: University for Development Studies
Category: Education / Training
Job status: Full-Time
Job expires: 20 May-2016
• The Deputy Librarian is responsible to the Librarian in the discharge of his/her duties.
Qualification Required & Experience
Candidate must have the following qualifications:
• A higher/research degree in librarianship/Information Studies;
• A minimum of twelve (12) years post-qualification experience in Librarianship in a University or Analogous institution.
• A minimum of five (s) years experience as a Senior Assistant librarian in a University or Analogous Institution.
• Have solid skills in Library related IT Infrastructure and systems.
• Must have wide practical experience in Librarianship.
How To Apply For The Job
• Interested candidate(s) should present three (3) copies of their applications together with curriculum vitae, publications and other relevant documents;
• Candidates should also include names, postal addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) referees, who should be requested by the candidate to forward their confidential reports to the address below;
• In addition, candidates applying for the position of a Librarian should send a brief statement of their vision for the University for Development Studies’ Library and the strategies for achieving this in not more than two pages of A4 size paper.
• Completed forms and necessary documents should be Sent to:
University for Development Studies
P.O. Box TL 1350
Closing Date: 20 May, 2016