The University of Health and Allied Sciences, hereby, invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the senior level administrative positions listed below, to take effect from 1st November, 2016.
Job Title: Director of Human Resource
Reporting to: Registrar
The Director of Human Resource shall, under the Registrar:
- lead in the development and implementation of the human resources policies of the University;
- provide strategic planning with respect to the human resource needs of the University;
- ensure the timely renewal and termination of employment contracts;
- institute and maintain a system for monitoring and evaluating the performance of all employees of the University and submit reports thereon to the Vice-Chancellor and the Council;
- manage and advise on the collective bargaining process and collective agreements with unionised staff;
- institute a system for continuing education and in-service training for all employees of the University; and
- discharge any other assignment that the Registrar shall deem necessary.
- The candidate shall be of the rank of at least a Deputy Registrar or eligible for appointment as such.
- Must have a good first degree as well as an advanced degree in a relevant field of HR Management or equivalent professional qualification, with not less than Ten (10) years progressively responsible experience in Human Resource Management.
- Inaddition, the applicant must have:
- considerable strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills that will enable him/her to function within the Higher Education Sector;
- good business sense with a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues;
- high-level analytical skills and demonstrable evidence of competence and leadership.
The person appointed Director of HR shall hold office for a period of four years and is eligible for re-appointment.
Method of Application
An applicant is required to submit a complete application pack to the Registrar, University of Health and Allied Sciences, P. O. Box PMB 31, Ho, Ghana (Hard copy);
[email protected] (Soft copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
- Completed application Form (UAB 2): Senior Level Administrative Positions
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae and copies of educational and other professional certificates.
- A statement of up to 3-pages indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Monday, 29th August, 2016.