Founded in December 2011, University of Health and Allied Sciences is among the youngest public universities in Ghana. University of Health and Allied has a student population of almost 2,100 and employees numbering approximately 390 made up of academic and senior administrative employees, as well as other support staff.
The vision of University of Health and Allied Sciences is to provide quality educational opportunities to students and healthcare professionals, advance knowledge through scholarship and research and provide patient care and services that improve health and quality of life.
Job Title: Dean Of Student Affairs (Senior Level Administrative Position)
The University of Health and Allied Sciences invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Dean of Student Affairs, to take effect from 1st August, 2017.
Reporting to: Pro-Vice Chancellor
The Dean of Student Affairs shall be responsible, under the Pro-Vice-Chancellor for:
- Resolution of conflict between students and halls and hostels of residence as well as conflicts involving students outside of halls and hostels;
- Making representation to the University about ways of enhancing the quality of students’ life;
- Ensuring the maintenance of cordial relations among the various student groups and the student body as a whole, to ensure that they obtain maximum benefit from their University experience;
- Ensuring the orderly organisation of students’ activities within the university;
- Providing leadership to all bodies and activities that promote the well-being of students of the University including the Students’ Representative Council (SRC), the Graduate Students Association of Ghana (GRASAG), and the Counselling and Placement Centre;
- Overseeing the management of dues and other levies collected by the Students’ Representative Council (SRC) and the Graduate Students Association of Ghana (GRASAG) from students or on behalf of students;
- Overseeing the formation of student’s associations;
- Working with student groups in developing extra-curricular programmes and activities of the university;
- Coordinating with the groups to encourage the participation of students in the activities that promote personal growth and development of students;
- Encouraging the development of a student culture that encourages exercise of leadership, respect for diversity and the traditions of the University, and responsibility for personal actions;
- Ensuring that any disciplinary actions imposed on any student(s) by the recognised authority of the University are complied with; and
- Giving permission to students to go on protest marches and demonstrations whether within or outside the University.
- Performing any other duties that the Pro-Vice-Chancellor shall deem necessary
- The successful applicant shall hold office for at least three years on terms and conditions recommended by the Appointments Board and is eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to three years
Required Skills or Experience
The applicant must be:
- Be capable of providing managerial and administrative leadership to the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs and its affiliated units and must have capacity to promote a collegial working environment within the institution.
- Have the vision and the drive to oversee the growth and development of Student Affairs.
How to Apply
An applicant is required to submit a complete application pack to the
University of Health and Allied Sciences,
Ho, Ghana (Hard copy);
or [email protected] (Soft copy).
The application dossier should contain the following:
Completed application form (UHAS UAB Form 2) for Senior Level Administrative Positions available at the University’s website: www.uhas.edu.gh/staff-employment-forms
A detailed and up to date Curriculum Vitae and copies of educational and other professional certificates.
Vision Statement of up to 3-pages (font size 12, single spacing) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Friday, May 26, 2017 to:
The Registrar/Secretary to University Council University of Health and Allied Sciences P. M. B 31 Ho OR by attachment to [email protected]