Posted on :
4 Sep, 2013
4 Sep, 2013
Under the guidance and supervision of the Cluster Manager, Sustainable Development Cluster, the Project Administrative Assistant provides project management support services, including processing requests for payments, budget management and monitoring. The Project Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach in the Sustainable Development Cluster.
The Project Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects staff in the CO and UNDP HQs staff to exchange information and ensure excellent and consistent service delivery. S/he will work closely with the project staff of the Community Resilience through Early Warning (CREW) and the sustainable cocoa production projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
• Provision of project support services;
• Provision of support to financial monitoring and reporting.
Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Working closely with the UNDP-designated project officers, the incumbent will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
• Responsible for all ATLAS-related transactions, e.g. keep track and update Risk Management Module and issues log;
• Maintain the project budget and expenditure, including formulation, revisions, and record keeping in ATLAS, monthly status reports, and reporting and liaising with the UNDP on budget matters;
• Support preparation of background information for project implementation, work plans and budget;
• Keep records and files of financial and technical documentation and reports;
• Support the purchase of goods and services and following up on issuance of contracts and payments;
• Liaise on the conduct of project audit and ensure access by auditors to project documentation, personnel, and institutions involved in the project;
• Provide administrative support to the relevant project officers.
Undertake other duties per the requirements of the project.
• Communicating information and ideas: Communicating clearly and effectively. Seeking to understand the ideas of others. Facilitating and encouraging open communication. Creating an environment for open communication. Inspiring and persuading others;
• Ethics and values: Taking actions that are congruent with what he/she says. Reliably delivering on promises and honoring commitments made. Demonstrating consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN/UNDP in actions and decisions. Demonstrating an appreciation of differences in values and learning from cultural diversity. Moves from demonstrating sensitivity to encouraging full participation, to leveraging diversity;
• Knowledge sharing/continuous learning: Taking responsibility for self-learning and development. Actively seeking learning and career development opportunities. Promoting organizational learning and knowledge management. Building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning;
• Organizational awareness: Understanding, building and using formal/ informal systems and contacts in a complex organizational and global environment to obtain results. Moves from an ability to use organizational services to assist others, to applying corporate thinking and applying judgment, to building support and finally, demonstrating political acumen;
• Self-management and emotional intelligence: Managing moods, responding effectively to stress, situations of ambiguity or crisis. Managing relationships with others to achieve mutual benefits. Building an emotionally intelligent organization;
• Working in teams: Working effectively with colleagues in ways that allow the achievement of shared objectives. Building teams both within existing organizational structures and outside of them. Creating team spirit and unity of purpose across the business unit.
• Building strategic partnerships: Establishing, maintaining, and utilizing a broad network of contacts. Building partnerships and strategic alliances. Leveraging the resources of national governments and other development partners;
• Client orientation: Understanding and meeting or exceeding client needs. Anticipating and addressing client needs and concerns. Developing innovative approaches to meeting client needs. Ensuring overall provision of quality services to clients;
• Job knowledge and technical expertise: Demonstrating and applying professional and/or technical; expertise/knowledge of the post or discipline. Focusing on the knowledge and skill areas necessary to effectively perform the functions of the post. Identifying and seeking to expand knowledge and improve work processes;
• Conceptual innovation in the provision of technical expertise: Supporting UNDP’s advocacy by developing innovative and creative approaches to the provision of technical expertise. Moves from research to analysis to developing innovative and creative approach to conceptual leadership and championing conceptual innovation.
• Creating visibility for UNDP/supporting UNDP’s capacity to advocate: Ensuring that UNDP has the visibility and corporate image it requires as the key development actor;
• Design and implementation of management systems: Ensuring that UNDPhas the internal management systems it requires as the key development actor;
• Innovation and marketing new approaches: Enhance existing processes or products. Developing original and innovative ideas and approaches;
• Integration in a multi-disciplinary environment;
• Promoting accountability and results-based management: Monitoring and promoting practices, procedures and systems that support accountability and results-based management, while also influencing change in the organizational culture;
• Results-based programme development and management.Effectively managing core and non-core resources to achieve UN development results.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Secondary Education with specialized training in financial management;
• University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable.
• Six years of relevant administrative experience is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web based management systems;
• Experience in ATLAS project management system is an asset.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should
Closing Date: 11 September, 2013
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.