Posted on :
12 Sep, 2013
Under the general management of the Task Team and the day to day supervision of the ILO HIV/AIDS Program Focal Point, the UNCCC will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the Workplan.
In particular, the UNCCC will be required to undertake the following tasks in under the guidance of the ILO Focal Point:
• Develop operational for plan the UNLS Work plan.
• Mobilise UN Staff that are positive to form a UN Plus association in Ghana under the terms and conditions of UNCares;
• Serve as Liaison between the UN Plus in Ghana and the UN Plus under UN Cares;
• Ensure strict confidentiality with regards to the association;
• Organize training and orientation courses, seminars and workshops envisaged within the workplan;
• Provide assistance to Resource Persons during pre training and training sessions;
• Ensure that protective devices (including male and female condoms where appropriate) are made available at all workplaces to prevent the spread of HIV and other infections by persons responsible in individual agencies;
• Act as the secretary of the LT and record the minutes of its meetings;
• Prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports for submission to the TT stakeholder;
• Ensure full documentation of all activities and outputs in order to facilitate the evaluation of the project;
• Assist in the convening of the bi monthly meetings of Task Team;
• Ensure timely implementation of the activities to be carried out on the Operational Plan; and
• Any other duties that may be assigned.
Monitoring and Evaluation Activities
• Develop in collaboration with the TT performance monitoring and evaluation indicators and tools;
• Collect regularly from agency level facilitators workplace monitoring forms on progress made and challenges faced;
• Document good practices and lessons learnt;
• Produce a terminal report by the end of this project.
It should be noted that whereas the responsibilities list above from the critical responsibilities of the UNCCC it is likely that additional activities will become evident as the workplan unfolds. Where such activities can reasonably be expected to be performed by the UNCCC, they will be added.
• Monthly and Quarterly progress report;
• Good Practices and Lessons Learned Documentation;
• Performance Monitoring Plan;
• Terminal report.
Takes responsibility for performance
• Takes ownership of all responsibilities; accepts accountability for outcomes; admits mistakes and takes action to address them;
• Initiates and generates activity; operates independently without over-reference to his or her supervisor; takes action without prompting; does not wait for others to instigate, action; is proactive;
• Takes immediate action; reacts quickly; acts promptly and with confidence;
• Takes action that goes beyond his or her job requirements; seeks ways around barriers to action;
• Works hard; accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Team player.
Sensitivity to Diversity
• Adjusts own behaviour to be appropriate and effective when working with people from all backgrounds (e.g. culture, gender, age, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital status physical disability or political conviction);
• Shows sensitivity to, and respect for, the perspectives and interests of people from diverse backgrounds; attends to and tries to understand different perspectives and approaches;
• Establishes good relationships with people from all backgrounds; shows genuine acceptance of people from backgrounds different to one’s own; treats all people with dignity and respect;
• Does not discriminate against any individual or group;
• Fully considers all views and opinions, including those that differ from his or her own.
• Establishes good interpersonal relationships with colleagues and partners;
• Promotes cooperation and works collaboratively with colleagues and partners to achieve shared goals;
• Builds a wide and effective network of contacts;
• Engage in the necessary collaboration with colleagues.
Integrity and Transparency
• Ensures words and actions are consistent, and in line with values;
• Behaves consistently across situations; reacts in a considered manner;
• Respects confidences; is trustworthy; does not share confidential information;
• Deals with people in an honest and straightforward manner; does not use information as power, presents information accurately and completely; demonstrates accurate self-awareness.
Orientation to Change
• Thinks creatively – strives for continual improvement;
• Seeks alternatives and new, unusual ideas;
• Thinks outside the box and is not bound by current thinking.
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least an under graduate degree in Health, Population, Demography and/or other related Social Science Fields;
• At least five years relevant experience;
• Experience of working on HIV/AIDS and workplace issues;
• Solid knowledge as well as hands-on experience, with inter agency work within the UN system and joint training initiatives will be an asset.
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
• Able to travel on short notice.
This is an equal opportunities job operating on the (Greater Involvement of People Living with HIV and AIDS) GIPA principles.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should
Closing Date: 13 September, 2013