This position is open for Ghanaian Nationals only and female candidates are strongly advised to apply.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Under the guidance and supervision of the UN Clinic Manager, the Administrative Assistant provides support to the clinic operations performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in the CO and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Support to effective and efficient functioning of the unit (UN Clinic’s office/operations unit/ administrative unit/Billing system)
- Support to UN clinic’s administrative and logistical services
- Support to UN clinic’s office maintenance and assets management
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN MSD/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented work plans.
Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the unit (UN Clinic’s office/operations unit/ administrative unit), focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contacts with visitors and staff, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes.
- Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions.
- Translation of simple correspondences, when needed.
Ensures effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assisting in the organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UN clinic’s shipments (received/sent), Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions
- Assisting in the arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents.
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Checking and recording of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Electronically archive the old medical files.
- Extraction of data from various sources.
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assists in maintenance of the clinic records on assets management, preparation of reports.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Functional Competencies: Building Strategic Partnerships
Level 1.1: Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.1: Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.1: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change a nd Development
Level 1.1: Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Level 1.1: Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
Level 1.1: Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Responds to client needs promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Level 1.1: Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience Education: Secondary education. Certification in administration desirable.
Diploma or equivalent in Medical field desirable or a University Degree in Business or Public Administration.
Experience: 5 years of relevant experience in administration or programme/finance support service or 2 years of relevant administrative experience is required at the national or international level for a University Degree in Business or Public Administration.