Under the overall supervision of the Country Representative and the daily supervision of the Country Programme Assistant, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving and office support for the Country Office, ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues.
Job Title: Transportation Support Associates
Duties and Responsibilities Driver Duties:
- Drive IFAD staff, consultants and visiting officials in Ghana and Togo to and from official functions and events; meet official personnel and visitors at the airport, assist with visa acquisition process and facilitate customs and/or immigration formalities when/as required
- Transport, collect and deliver correspondence
- Ensure a fleet of vehicles that is in full compliant of relevant laws and obligations (vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, first aid kit, fire extinguishers, etc.) and maintain a complete set of tools and spare parts for minor repairs.
- Undertake the day-to-day vehicle maintenance including oil, water, brakes, battery, tires; and ensure the vehicle is kept clean at all times.
- Maintain up to date Logbook records and record official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, car services, etc.
- Ensure that all United Nations and Government of Ghana rules and regulations are adhered to if a vehicle is involved in an accident
Perform other duties required
- Professionalism: Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter, is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results, is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns, shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remain calm in stressful situations.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.