Posted on :
14 Nov, 2017
14 Nov, 2017
Under the direct supervision of the Representative, the Personal Assistant to the Representative ensures the effective and efficient functioning of the Representative’s Office. He/She supports the maintenance of protocol procedures, manages information flow to and from the Representative’s Office, and follows up on deadlines and commitments made. He/She also ensures full confidentiality in all aspects his/her assignment.
The Personal Assistant to the Representative can supervise the secretarial and clerical staff of the office. He/She works in close collaboration with UNFPA staff, UN Agencies and national authorities to ensure the efficient flow of information, action on instructions and agendas.
Job Title: Personal Assistant To The Representative
· Provides support to the office of the Representative by coordinating and monitoring relevant business processes and procedures and activities, paying attention to detail and adhering to deadlines.
· Draft and prepares correspondences, directives and comments on behalf of the Representative for his/her signature; and follows up when required.
· Prepares and maintains records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of the administrative and financial function of the office of the Representative.
· Maintains filing system for office of the Representative in accordance with established classification systems and ensures the safekeeping of confidential materials and information.
· Manages the schedule and work program of the Representative, including official receptions that are hosted by UNFPA.
· Maintains the Representative’s calendar and organizes meetings for Representative. Initiates and coordinates the preparation of agendas, briefing materials and other necessary documentation for meetings, workshops and conferences. Acts as Secretary to meetings and acts as an interpreter when required.
· Keeps the Representative informed by providing relevant information, reports or status updates.
· Screens all incoming calls and correspondence.
· Maintains a telephone and address directory of all stakeholders, particularly frequently called persons.
· Maintains protocol procedures.
· Streamlines office procedures between the Representative’s Office and other units.
· Makes use of relevant automated office management systems for effective functioning of the Representative’s office.
· Responsible for the UNFPA pouch.
People Management & Leadership:
· Follows up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of reports to the Representative.
· Coordinates the information flow in the office and follows up on circulation files.
· Facilitates information sharing between the UNCT and UN Coordination Unit.
· Participates in Learning Afternoon sessions.
· Exchanges relevant information and maintains an open line of communication with colleagues and his/her supervisor.
· Actively participates in CO meetings.
· When appropriate, undertakes other related duties assigned by the Representative.
· Business acumen.
· Implementing management systems.
· Client orientation.
· Values: Integrity/Commitment to mandate, Knowledge sharing/Continuous learning, Valuing diversity.
· Managing Relationships: Working in teams, Communicating information and ideas, Conflict and self-management.
· Working with people: Empowerment/Developing people/Performance management.
· Personal Leadership and Effectiveness: Strategic and analytical thinking, Results orientation/Commitment to excellence, Appropriate and transparent decision making.
UNFPA is looking for candidates who have:
· A Diploma in secretarial studies, business administration, or other related field
· At least 10 years of relevant experience in national and international organizations
· Knowledge of the United Nations systems and procedures would be an advantage.
· Fluency in oral and written English.
· Expertise in current office software applications.
· Proficiency in UN systems (e.g. Atlas, PeopleSoft).