Posted on :
21 May, 2013
21 May, 2013
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaian Nationals for the post of Receptionist (General Service Category).
VN No.: VN-13-02
Post Level: GS-3
Type of Contract: Fixed-Term
Duration: 2 years with possibility of renewal
Purpose of the Post:
Under the supervision of the Administrative Officer, operate the switchboard, attend to the reception and screen all telephone calls and visitors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receives all in-coming calls and extend them to the appropriate Officers or Sections.
• Receives all scheduled and unscheduled visitors and directs them to the officer/section concerned, after verifying the purpose of the visit. When the visitor’s business is of a routine nature, provides, necessary routine information.
• Receives and signs for all incoming correspondence, documentation or packages from the post office, express courier, UN agencies, government offices or other international organisations, upon which staff member routes them to the offices concerned for necessary action.
• Maintain up-to-date records of all incoming correspondence.
• Contacts relevant companies and make request for repairs or maintenance services of equipments.
• Reviews all telephone bills and distributes to staff to identify personal calls made. Follows up with finance on the payment of the bills. Maintains an excel sheet of all private calls and payments made which is shared with Supervisor monthly
• Acts as back-up for Admin Assistant Protocol issues
Qualification Required & Experience
• Completion of Secondary Education. Knowledge of switch board operation and modern office procedures.
• 3 years experience in general office/clerical duties. Experience in the UN System is an asset.
(i) Core Values (Required)
• Diversity and Inclusion
(ii) Core Competencies (Required)
• Communication [I]
• Working with People [II]
• Drive for Results [I]
(iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
• Analyzing [I]
• Learning and Researching [I]
• Planning and Organizing [I]
• Following instructions and Procedures [I]
• Pleasant, Affable and Polite with good interpersonal skills
• Fluent in English
• Knowledge of the local language is an asset
How To Apply For The Job
If you have experience working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children and match the profile outlines, send a brief application letter supported by detailed curriculum vitae, UN Personal History for (which can be downloaded from http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc and photocopies of other supporting documents to email:
or mail to:
The Human Resource Manager
P. O. Box 5051
Closing Date: 24 May, 2013
Applications submitted without the P11 form will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
NOTE: UNICEF IS A SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT!!!!!!