MAIN JOB PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Complete responsibility for site safety, health & environmental care management
- Implementing global, regional, and local safety, health & environmental standards
- Investigation of accident, incident and near-miss on site
- Organise and conduct safety training for employees and third-party contractors on site
- Distribution and enforcement of the use of personal protective wear
Job Title: Site SHE Coordinator
- Conducts induction for all new employees, contractors and visitors on site & ensure medical examination is conducted for all visiting the NSD factory.
- Ensure annual review of SHE policy with stakeholders and cascade of SHE policy to employees, contractors and visitors across site.
- Conducts and review risk assessment of factory operations/site/contractor/projects/3P with line managers.
- Conducts risk assessment of offsite events well ahead of event and ensure recommendations are implemented before the event for all events that relates to Agbara site.
- Follow up on agreed control measures and ensure implementation for safe operations across site
- Follow up on implementation of agreed site objectives & targets and management program.
- Assist line Manager in formulating and reviewing SOPs.
- Monitor and report monthly environmental parameters on liquid discharge, gaseous emission and solid waste disposal form the factory to ensure compliance with Unilever and external legal standards.
- Ensure safe handling and disposal of hazardous materials across site.
- Liaise with government agency on all issues as it relates to safety health and environmental matters and advises the site management.
- Communicates all relevant Local/Unilever SHE standards to employees, contractors and visitors.
- Identify training needs & implementing SHE training program for all stakeholders Foods (savoury & Tea), HPC (NSD & Soaps) categories and Contractors.
- Co-ordinates hazard spotting, near-misses and report of unsafe act in the work place/site
- Carry out accident / incident investigation and control and ensuring the implementation of action plan arising from lesson learnt from accident.
- Ensure safety inspection/servicing of all fire fighting equipments on site monthly and close up all identified gaps.
- Carry out audits of all fire-fighting equipment weekly and close all identified gaps.
- Carry out vehicle audits of forklifts and official vehicles on site.
- Carry out daily inspection and document inspection monthly of SIL plant.
- Follow up on all SHE related issues with SIL chemicals.
- Conducts SHE inspections of new warehouse to service Agbara site.
- Implementing Unilever policy on contractor management within the Factory.
- Ensure the general good housekeeping of workplaces, factory walkways, lawns and drains.
- Ensure the availability, distribution and use of personal protective equipment.
- Co-ordinates site standards committee meetings
- Follow up on all leadership team SHE inspection actions for Agbara site
- Custodian of Safety, Health and Environmental Expertise on site
COMPLIANCE TO LEGAL STANDARDS : Monitoring all solid, liquid and gaseous effluent discharge on site to ensure compliance with both Unilever and Local standards .
ASSISTING LINE MANAGEMENT : Co-ordinate hazard spotting, near-misses and report of unsafe act in the workplace and weekly follow-up of planned safety inspection from the zones which reduces the potential hazards at workplace.
SUPERVISION OF THIRD-PARTY CONTRACTOR : Co-ordinate and Supervises contractors on site by creating safety awareness, making sure they abide by safety rule and procedures. Also ensuring the appropriate techniques and methods are used to execute their jobs.
PROCESS AND EQUIPMENT MANAGEMENT : Ensuring that equipment and process are safe for operation, procedures are strictly adhered to guarantee a safe working environment.
HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL CARE MANAGEMENT : Monitoring and ensuring that the site is clean, tidy and safe to prevent the outbreak of epidemic
- Managing regional and local safety standards and responsibility, contacts and goals
- Conduct and carry out risk assessment of all events on site and off site
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- University graduate with 5+ years’ experience in the home and personal care industry with similar technologies
- Safety, Health and Environment working knowledge.
- Strong leadership
- High quality of communication and influencing
- Computer literacy