Job Title: Finance Director – WA and Executive Finance Director for Unilever Ghana PLC
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
- The purpose of Finance Director is to drive 4G growth of Unilever’s business in West Africa (Nigeria/Ghana/CDI) and lead the controls, governance and statutory matters resulting from being the board member responsible for finance.
- The job will also manage the transformation projects for WA
- He/she will act as Finance Business Partner for the country leader and WA GM.
- The position requires strong leadership skills to lead and develop the finance team and act as a key member of the Leadership Team.
DrivePerformance & Strategy, Stewardship, Disruption and Leadership by:
- Collaborating with the business to deliver 4G Growth through value creation, accurate accounting records reporting and overall financial management.
- Supporting Investment Decision making in Categories & Customers, e.g. assessment of new business opportunities, competitor / customer analysis;
- Driving value creation through category & brand via setting up appropriate standard & promo pricing strategy, launching innovations; defining right level of BMI support;
- Performance reporting, including business planning and forecasting, target setting and scenario analysis.
- Controlling of total local overheads costs. Fully accountable for Finance costs and organization.
- Supply Chain performance: monitoring of local SC performance and transfer prices effect via local SC Finance team & of key value projects
- Actively contribute & drive business transformation & portfolio reshape agenda in line with Unilever strategy
- Drive Digital Transformation agenda in Finance & Information Management strategy
- Forex Management – lead and guide operational teams on forex management practices across the organisation.
- External Networks – Build extensive external networks across different business interfaces (regulatory, trade partners, banks, and influencers and industry forums)
- Governance and Compliance – Monitoring adherence to all GFCF and Non GFCF controls, legal, regulatory, and statutory audit compliance as per the governance framework set by Unilever and the local regulations. Working closely with Internal auditors, statutory auditors and corporate audit to step change the control environment within the organisation.
- Lead the treasury function in the market in collaboration with the global treasury team.
- Overview of Tax function & risk management within a complex & challenging framework
- Drive People agenda, ensuring an inclusive environment, high engagement of the finance team & WA organization
- Leadership skills & career development of Finance people.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management culture, attract, recruit and retain talent; work closely with the team to create a future fit finance team.
Job qualifications and requirements
- Strong governance and control awareness and mindset
- Commercial and financial acumen: experience in partnering category and customer teams
- Influencing, presentation and communication skills,
- Financial reporting (IFRS) & risk management
- Ability to deal with complex project management
- Team Leadership skills
- Demonstration of Unilever core values: Respect, Pioneering, Integrity & Responsibility
- Must be a professional member of an accounting body
- WA Finance Leadership team
- West Africa GM
- VP Finance Africa
- WA Leadership team
- Category Business Team
- Africa Finance Leadership Team
- Global stakeholders
- Relevant external regulatory bodies
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.