Posted on :
8 Nov, 2017
8 Nov, 2017
At Unilever we meet everyday needs for nutrition, hygiene and personal care with brands that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life.
Job Title: Legal Officer
· Provision of legal research support required for legal advisory services. The LO will specifically be responsible for sourcing for current laws, regulations, rules and legal materials/information likely to impact on the business.
· Collation of information and documents to aid the Litigation process and arrangements for Company witnesses and pre-trial briefings. The LO will also make representation at Court sessions and provide report of same.
· Carrying out periodic Agreement audit within the various Departments/Functions to ensure that Company contractual arrangements are supported by subsisting Agreements. Send out prompters for Agreement renewals and arrange for the proper and timely execution of Agreements.
· Drafting and review of legal documents for the Company.
· Manage central payment of the various business rates.
· Administer various Schedules of Litigation cases, Leased and Company Owned Properties, Agreements and Company Trademarks.
· Update and maintain legal files and documentation.
Critical Success Factors for the Job
Good communication skills (oral and written)
Good Analytical skills
Commitment to Team results
· LLB BL
· Masters Degree/ICSA certification (added advantage)
· At least 6years relevant post-call experience.
· Knowledge and experience in commercial law & practice.
Should “meet expectations” on the Standards of Leadership behaviours relevant to the WL of this job.