Under the guidance and supervision of the UN Clinic Manager, the Administrative Consultant provides support to the clinic operations performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Consultant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. The Administrative Consultant works in close collaboration with the UNDP Operations, Programme and projects staff in the CO and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Support to effective and efficient functioning of the unit (UN Clinic’s office/operations unit/administrative unit/Billing system)
- Support to UN clinic’s administrative and logistical services
- Support to UN clinic’s office maintenance and assets management
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with DHMOSH/UNDP rules, regulations, policies, and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the preparation of administrative team results-oriented work plans as well as monitoring quarterly budget execution.
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
2. Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the unit (UN Clinic’s office/operations unit/ administrative unit), focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support the UN Clinic’s office operations: appointments, billing of clients.
- Supports in the preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background
- information and documentation for meetings and missions.
- Supports in the preparation, data collection and analysis of clinic surveys
- Translation of simple correspondences, when needed.
3. Ensures effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Checking and recording of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock
- list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Support in the recruitment of new Clinic staff, liaising with Clinic Manager and UNDP
- Human Resources and Operations to meet deadlines.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
- Support the preparation of the Annual Procurement Plan for procurement of medicines,
- Diagnostics and medical supplies and supervise its implementations
- Accounting for the applicable medical supplies and equipment according to recommended guidelines.
- Participating in logistics operations pertaining to the management of expired supplies and re-distribution of medical supplies in the UN clinic.
- Assisting in the arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Electronically archive the old medical files. Storing and record keeping of stocks. following international standards
- Extraction of data from various sources. Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- Assisting in the organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UN clinic’s shipments (received/sent), Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions
- Carries out post award activities of establishing import declaration forms and forms of payment to suppliers.
- Prepares timely and accurate reports
- Performs other duties as required.
4. Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assists in maintenance of the clinic records on assets management and the preparation of the mentioned reports.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the Clinic Manager and UN Clinic.
Accurate presentation of information strengthens the capacity of the office and promotes the
image of UN/UNDP as an effective contributor to the development of the country
Building Strategic Partnerships
Level 1.1: Maintaining information and databases
- Analyses general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.1: Basic research and analysis
Research best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.1: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the
- position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Level 1.1: Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
- Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Level 1.1: Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
Level 1.1: Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Responds to client needs promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Level 1.1: Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating teamwork
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting
- learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
Secondary education. Certification in administration desirable. Diploma or equivalent in Medical field desirable or a University Degree in Business or Public Administration.
5 years of relevant experience in administration or programme/finance support service or 2 years of relevant administrative experience is required at the national or international level for a University Degree in Business or Public Administration.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.