The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS), Ghana Operational Hub ba…
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS), Ghana Operational Hub based in Accra – Ghana with Country Offices in Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone. UNOPS GHOH has developed a compelling solid reputation across the globe in the delivery of its core mandates in the areas of Project Management, Infrastructure and Procurement.What drives us is a passion to fight inequalities and to provide opportunities to those most vulnerable. This means we often work in the most challenging environments, building foundations for communities to function and people to live with dignity and respect. To succeed here, you’ll need to be able to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage numerous different projects to tight deadlines simultaneously, as well as working with the different units to meet their expectations.
Job Title: Finance Assistant
We are therefore, looking for intellectually curious talented qualified Ghanaians with solid Financial Management acumen with stakeholder focus to join the team as Finance Assistant for the Ghana Office.
Things happen quickly at UNOPS- Ghana Operational Hub and the work culture encourages you to be an enthusiastic team player – a self-starter who can work cross-functionally and isn’t frightened to take risks or try out new ways of doing things within UNOPS.
Under the direct
supervision of the functional supervisor(s) who report to the H…
Under the direct
supervision of the functional supervisor(s) who report to the Head of Support
Services, the Finance Assistant will provide financial and administrative support to the timely processing, recording, monitoring, and
maintaining of financial transactions and accounts relating to payments and
receipts in accordance with UNOPS’ financial rules, regulations, policies, and processes.Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions:
- Accounting and administrative support
- CO cash management
- Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
- Accounting and
Provides accounting, payments, support, focusing
on achievement of following results:
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial
reports for projects; preparation of vouchers for projects; PO vouchers; Pay
Cycle and payment execution.
- Proper receipting of goods and services and establishment of
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which
ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are
correctly recorded and posted in Enterprise system; travel claims, MPOs and
other entitlements are duly processed
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the
vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Presentation of information on the status of financial resources
- Maintenance of the Accounts
Receivables for projects and recording of deposits in Enterprise system
- Preparation of accounts-payable and PO vouchers for management
- Review of payment requests including supporting documents against
the annual work plan and UNOPS FRRs.
- Ensuring that vouchers processed are matched and completed, and
transactions are correctly recorded and posted in ERP/electronic or paper-based
- Running of remittance cycle
and Creation of Remittance Advices to be sent to the bank
Ensures proper CO cash management system
functioningfocusing on achievement of the following results:
- Alternate to Finance Associate for timely review of cash position
for local accounts to ensure sufficient funds on hand for disbursements. Timely
identification and recording of receipts for income application.
- Alternate to Finance Associate for daily review of zero-balance
account bank statements in Enterprise system to monitor imprest level;
identification and recording of contributions.
- Management of cash receipts and petty cash.
- Timely and accurate preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Initiation of bank
transfers and deals in Enterprise system.
- 3. Knowledge building and Knowledge sharing
- Support the organization and delivery of training and learning initiatives for
personnel on finance-related topics.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities
of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best
practices in finance management support services
- Contribute feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes
and best practices and utilize productively.