Posted on :
24 Aug, 2017
24 Aug, 2017
Job Title: Finance Officer
• The Finance Officer will be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for all financial issues of the University.
• The successful applicant must have had relevant experience in managerial and leadership positions in the area of finance preferably in a tertiary or analogous institution.
• The successful applicant should be able to serve a minimum of 4 years and shall, upon application by him/her, be eligible for re-appointment for only another term of 4 years but not beyond his/her retiring date from the University.
• Conditions of service are as applicable in Government of Ghana subvented universities.
Qualification Required & Experience
Candidates must hold a Masters Degree in Finance or Accounting from a recognized University and ICA (Ghana), ACCA, ACA, ClMA (Final) in Finance/Accounting. He/she should, in addition, show evidence of a good grasp of financial administrative procedures and have rich and relevant post- qualification experience of not less than twelve (12) years. In addition; an applicant must have proven evidence of:
• Strong leadership skills and dynamism;
• Being a strategic thinker and takes initiative in policy formulation;
• Being a team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
• Good communication and excellent report writing skills;
• High sense of responsibility and moral integrity; and
• Experience in the use of Information and Communication Technology.
• Experience in university financial administration at a level of Deputy Finance Officer or higher management level would be an advantage.
How to Apply For the Job
Prospective candidates should send ten (10) copies of their Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and statements of their vision for the University in not more than five hundred (500) words to the following address:
The Chairman, Search Committee
c/o The Registrar,
University of Mines and Technology
P. O . Box 237,
Candidates should request three (3) referees to submit confidential reports on them directly to the same address.
Closing Date: 22 September, 2017