Posted on :
31 Mar, 2020
31 Mar, 2020
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the positions of Systems Librarian at the Rank of Senior Assistant Librarian and Assistant Librarian.
The Systems Librarian shall coordinate and manage the Integrated Library information Systems of the University of Cape Coast Library System.
He/ She will lead in the design, implementation and maintenance of the Integrated Library Information Systems. Focusing on visibility, accessibility, sustainability and performance. The Systems Librarian shall also automate the workflow and optimize operations of the University Library Systems.
Job Title: Systems Librarian
• Provide broad support, solution and standard for the Integrated Library Information Systems.
• Design, Implement and maintain the Library Management Systems.
• Manage and Support the Library websites and the E-library.
• Manage and support the University Institutional Repositories (IR).
• Manage and support library hardware and software that support library services and operations eg. KOHA, Dspace, EZProxy, LibGuide etc.
• Manage and support Library Servers and Networks.
Qualification Required & Experience
• PhD or MPhil or MSc (Research) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Information Science.
• Professional certificates in Librarianship and ICT will be an advantage.
• Evidence of Research and Scholarly Publications.
Considerable work experience in the following:
• Academic Library settings or environment.
• Library automation / Integrated Library systems and technologies.
• Client server environment UNIX, LINUX, ORACLE, MySQL, XML, PIN etc.
• Knowledge of cataloguing principles including MARC and MARC 21
• Knowledge of web development and data use management
• Programming language (HTML, CSS, Java script, Python etc.)
NB: Systems Librarian at the rank of Senior Assistant Librarian must have a PhD and Publications. Systems Librarian at the rank of Junior Assistant Librarian or Assistant Librarian must have a minimum of MPhil or MSc or MA (Research).
Location: Cape Coast
How To Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please submit completed application forms (obtainable from the university website: Senior Members Application Form – Teaching or Office of the Director, Directorate of Human Resource, University of Cape Coast and comprehensive curriculum vitae, together with relevant supporting documents to: The Director Directorate of Human Resources University of Cape Coast Cape Coast
Closing Date: 17 April, 2020