Posted on :
8 Sep, 2020
8 Sep, 2020
The Director is the head of the Directorate of Public Affairs. The Directorate is responsible for building and maintaining the University’s corporate image and relationship with key publics, managing events and communication with the University’s stakeholders.
• The Director is responsible to the Registrar for protocol, organisation of official University events as well as documentation of policy documents, the University’s history, culture and symbols. He/she also has oversight responsibility over management of the University’s Campus Broadcasting Services.
• He/she is a spokesperson for the University and is responsible for planning and implementing the strategic and operational issues regarding public relations and corporate affairs of the University.
Job Title: Director, Directorate Of Public Affairs
Qualification Required & Experience
• possess postgraduate degree in the relevant area including public relations/affairs, communication, journalism and events management;
• have at least eight (8) years post-qualification senior level experience, preferably, in Higher Education;
• possess good communication and presentation skills as well as strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills;
• have high-level analytical skills, business sense and a deep understanding/appreciation of strategic as well as operational issues/challenges in top-level University management and administration;
• have served or must be serving as Deputy Registrar or Deputy Director (with relevant experience in university administration) or analogous grade in a university or analogous institution
Term of Office
The position, which is full time, is for a four-year term, renewable for a second term of up to four years only.
Location: Cape Coast
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should complete and submit application forms together with comprehensive Curricula Vitae, relevant supporting documents and three-page Vision Statements to the address below. The application form is obtainable from the Directorate of Human Resource and the University’s website (Application Form).
University of Cape Coast
Electronic copies of the application documents should be sent to the e-mail address:
Applicants should request three (3) referees to submit written reports on them directly to the above address.
Closing Date: 25 September, 2020