Posted on :
26 Apr, 2021
26 Apr, 2021
The University of Ghana invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the Administrative/Professional position of Deputy Head, University Basic Schools.
Job Title: Deputy Head, University Basic Schools
POSITION: Deputy Head
REPORTING TO: Headmaster/Headmistress
• The successful candidate will support the Headmaster/Headmistress to fulfil the mandate of the School.
• He/she is expected to provide leadership, maintain and promote efficiency and order on campus, provide sound administration and discharge other duties as may be assigned by the Headmaster/Headmistress.
Qualification Required & Experience
The Deputy Head is expected to possess the following qualifications:
• Diploma in Education
• A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
• A Master’s degree in Education Management or in a related discipline
• A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience
In addition, applicants should demonstrate sound leadership qualities and should be computer literate.
Under the direction of the Head, the Deputy Head will perform the following specific roles:
• Adhering to and enforcing school policy, guidelines and administrative directives.
• Enforcing guidelines to maintain proper discipline and conduct.
• Communicating relevant policies and procedures with regard to students’ discipline, conduct, and attendance to students, staff and parents.
• Working with Stream Coordinators in the development of effective classroom discipline.
• Maintaining an effective and safe school environment.
• Assisting in curriculum and time-table development to meet the needs of all students.
• Preparing and submitting required periodic reports to the Head
• Helping in the preparation of appropriate handbooks.
• Supervising and evaluating Class Assistants in consultation with Stream Coordinators.
• Supervising support services such as the canteen and the infirmary.
• Providing inputs for teaching and learning materials to be included in annual budgets.
• Assisting in the care and management of the buildings and grounds, furniture, equipment, apparatus, books and other supplies.
• Overseeing curriculum delivery in consultation with school heads.
• Convening department as well as other staff committee meetings.
• Assigning teaching duties to the staff as well as preparing the staff duty roster.
• To set up a system to identify and assist children with learning difficulties.
• Evaluating Teacher performance and working with the Headmaster/Headmistress to help marginal teachers to improve.
How To Apply For The Job
An applicant is required to submit the completed application pack to:
University of Ghana,
P.O. Box 25,
Ghana (hard copy) or
[email protected] (soft copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
• Completed application form for Administrative/Professional Positions (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website.
• An up to date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
• A statement of about 1,000 words indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the Basic School achieves its mission and vision.
Closing Date: 07 May, 2021
Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.