Posted on :
27 Jun, 2022
27 Jun, 2022
The Board of Directors of the University of Ghana Enterprises LTD (“UGEL”) take the opportunity to internally advertise vacancy for a Senior Tutor for the Graduate Hostel (VALCO) with details as follows:
Job Title: Senior Tutor for Graduate Hostel (VALCO)
The Senior Tutor shall be responsible for the following roles and responsibilities:
• Act as Chairman and convenor of the Tutorial Board.
• Plan and evaluate the educational, counseling, and disciplinary work of the Hall.
• Promote active student participation in activities of the University Community and sports to groom individuals of well-rounded character.
• Brief, advise and guide the Floor Tutors on their job expectations and performances, and evaluate their job performance and make recommendations to guide either their re-appointment or termination of appointment.
• Instruct and discipline Junior Members of the Hall in line with the University Statutes and UGEL’s policy.
• Plan and evaluate the educational, counseling and disciplinary work of the Hall.
• Assist in promoting the safety and welfare of all students residing in the Hall. This includes crises intervention, conflict mediation, and providing support and referrals for students in need.
• Assist the General Manager to allocated beds to students during the academic year.
• Ensure the efficient operation of the Porters Lodge and such aspect of the welfare and duties of the Hall Staff as may be determined by UGEL from time to time.
• Attend Management, Board and any other meetings as shall be requested by the Board.
Qualification Required & Experience
• The applicant must be a minimum rank of a Senior Lecturer or its equivalent.
• He/she must be of high moral standing.
• Experience in handling student welfare is an advantage.
Tenure of Office:
The role is effective from August 1, 2022 to July 31, 2024 (may be renewable for a further term upon satisfactory performance).
How To Apply For The Job
All applications with CVs should be sent via email to: