Posted on :
5 Dec, 2022
5 Dec, 2022
The University of Ghana hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Director, Internal Audit Directorate to take effect from 1st August 2023.
POSITION: DIRECTOR, INTERNAL AUDIT DIRECTORATE REPORTING TO: VICE-CHANCELLOR
• The Director of Internal Audit shall, under the Vice-Chancellor be responsible for the internal audit of the accounts and financial transactions of the University.
• Subject to the relevant statutes, the Director of Internal Audit reports administratively to the Vice-Chancellor and functionally to the Audit Committee of the University.
The Director of Internal Audit shall:
• ensure the establishment and operation of an efficient and effective financial control system;
• vet all proposed expenditures to ensure compliance with laid-down internal control systems and other statutory requirements;
• conduct periodic examination of the accounts of the University including limited financial and operational. units;
• monitor and ensure that all expenditures incurred have been authorised and are within budgetary provisions; (e) where required, conduct management audits and submit reports thereof;
• liaise with External Auditors and ensure that appropriate action is taken on reported audit findings; (g) generally, be responsible for ensuring that the University complies with the Internal Audit Agency Act 2003 (Act 658) and relevant Acts and policies of the University; and (h) discharge any other assignments that the Vice-Chancellor shall deem necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES 1
• A good first degree, a master’s degree in a relevant discipline and membership of a professional Accounting/Auditing body with experience in public accounting and or auditing
• A minimum of fifteen (15) years’ post qualification experience, at least five of which should have been in a senior management position, with relevant industry experience
In addition, the applicant must have:
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Considerable strategic and collegial skills that will enable him/her to function within the Higher Education Sector;
• Good business sense with a deep understanding and appreciation of strategic and operational issues;
• High-level analytical skills and demonstrable evidence of competence and leadership.
TENURE The Director shall hold office for a period of four years on terms and conditions recommended by the Appointments Board to the University Council and is eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to four years.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack addressed to
University of Ghana, through
firstname.lastname@example.org (Electronic copy only). Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
The application pack should be submitted as a single PDF file and should contain the following:
• Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB Form 1C) to be downloaded from the University’s website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
• An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
• A statement of about 2,500 words (not more than five pages) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its mission and vision. The UG strategic plan can be downloaded at: http://www.ug.edu.gh/pad/publication/ug-strategic-plan
Closing Date: 23 December 2022
Further information about the University of Ghana may be found on the University website at www.ug.edu.gh.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.