Posted on :
29 Nov, 2021
29 Nov, 2021
The University of Ghana invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Health Services Administrator/Hospital Administrator in the University of Ghana Health Services.
POSITION: Health Services Administrator/Hospital Administrator
REPORTING TO: Director, University Health Services
• Responsible for the smooth running of health administration, have oversight responsibility over support services within the health facility and contribute to effective financial management in the facility.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for day-to-day general administration of the University Health Services Directorate.
• Ensure the provision of all support services necessary for quality healthcare delivery.
• Direct, supervise and evaluate the work activities of administrative, maintenance and other support service staff.
• Set performance objectives for administrative and support services units in the University Health Services.
• Implement and monitor policies, procedures and performance standards for administrative and other support staff for quality health service delivery.
• Coordinate the planning and budgeting process of the University Health Services Directorate in accordance with the approved guidelines.
• Monitor the efficient use of health resources and report on them.
• Monitor and report on the implementation of plans and budgets.
• Coordinate and collate annual work plans and periodic operational reports on service delivery.
• Support resource mobilization for the health facility.
• Ensure regular provision of utility services such as water, electricity, telecommunication and waste management services.
• Implement established processes, procedures and structures for disaster preparedness, health and safety, and general security of the University Health Services Directorate.
• Facilitate the orientation, appraisal and training of all personnel in the Health Services Directorate.
• Promote the implementation of the patient charter, code of ethics and disciplinary procedures, and other relevant legislation relevant to the conduct of the business of the University Health Services Directorate.
• Solicit assistance on legal matters from the appropriate unit of the University on legal matters of concern to the business of the Health Services Directorate.
• Plan, implement, manage and ensure maintenance of physical assets of the Health Services Directorate to prevent untimely breakdown of buildings, equipment, transport and other assets of the Directorate.
• Ensure maintenance of a healthy and aesthetic environment for the personnel and clients of the University Health Services Directorate.
• Put in place security measures to ensure adequate physical security and safeguarding of assets including protection of patients and staff in all facilities of the Health Services Directorate.
• Coordinate asset data management.
• Monitor and ensure the implementation of various agreements between the University and its business partners as relate to the University Health Services Directorate.
• Plan, advocate and implement programmes for the strategic development of the University Health Services Directorate.
• Make inputs into the development of policies and programmes;
• Conduct operational research within the administrative and support services and ensure its implementation.
• Train and supervise the activities of junior Health Services Administrators, interns and trainees in the facility.
• Perform any other official duty assigned by the Director of the University Health Services Directorate.
• Coordinate with relevant units of the University Health Services Directorate for recruitment, selection, induction, and retention of all cadre of staff; and
• Work with the Director to establish a quality assurance system for the University Health Services Directorate.
Qualification Required & Experience
• B.Sc. Degree in Administration (Health Services Option) and a Master’s Degree in a healthcare related field.
• Applicant must preferably be a member of a relevant recognised professional body.
• A minimum of five (5) years cumulative service at the grade of Health Services Administrator in a recognized health facility. Evidence of continuing professional development and training in management.
• The appointment shall normally be for a six-year term and is renewable.
How To Apply For The Job
An applicant is required to submit the complete application pack to the
University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG 25,
Ghana (Hardcopy) OR
By email to:
The application pack should contain the following:
• Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional Staff Application Form (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd.
• An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates.
Closing Date: 20 December, 2021
Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.