Posted on :
13 Mar, 2023
13 Mar, 2023
The Department of Animal Science at the University of Ghana invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in the under-listed specialized areas:
Job Title: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer
• Meat Science and Technology
• Monogastric Animal Nutrition
• Ruminant Animal Nutrition
• Animal Physiology
Primary duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
• Teach undergraduate and graduate courses.
• Supervise research work of undergraduate and graduate students.
• Conduct scholarly research and publish the results.
• Follow the code of conduct established by the University of Ghana.
• Provide services to the Department, the University and Professional Organizations when the need arises.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
Qualification Required & Experience
The applicant must:
• Possess a PhD in Animal Science with specialization in Meat Science and Technology or Monogastric Animal Nutrition or Ruminant Animal Nutrition or Animal Physiology.
• Be able to teach and develop undergraduate and graduate courses in his/her area of specialization.
• Have a strong practical background in Animal Production and in his/her area of specialization.
• Have a strong research background and the ability to translate research findings into applied practice.
• Be able to teach other courses in Animal Science when the need arises.
For all applicants, teaching experience in a reputable university or a comparable institution will be an added advantage.
The salary and conditions of service for the position are similar to what pertains in Ghanaian Public Universities.
How To Apply For The Job
Applications should include a completed application form for Academic staff positions (UAB FORM 1A) to be downloaded from the University’s website at https://www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd/forms/senior-members
The application should include copies of transcripts, academic and/or professional certificates, a curriculum vitae, research and teaching statements, names and addresses of at least three referees.
Interested applicants may submit a complete application package (hardcopy and softcopy) to:
The College Secretary
CBAS, University of Ghana,
Legon, Accra – Ghana
Closing Date: 31 May, 2023