Founded in December 2011, University of Health and Allied Sciences is among the youngest public universities in Ghana. University of Health and Allied has a student population Our students population is now about 4,200 and employee number current stands at 607..
The vision of University of Health and Allied Sciences is to provide quality educational opportunities to students and healthcare professionals, advance knowledge through scholarship and research and provide patient care and services that improve health and quality of life.
Job Title: Dean Of School Of Basic And Biomedical Sciences
The University of Health and Allied Sciences invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the above position to take effect from 1st January, 2019.
Reporting to: Vice Chancellor
- A Dean is responsible for providing leadership to the School/Institute and for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order in accordance with the policies and procedures prescribed by the University Act and Statutes, or as may be determined by the Council, the Academic Board.
- The Dean is to ensure that the approved programmes and functions of the School/Institute are duly carried out by members of the School/Institute.
- The Dean is also responsible for the general administration of the School/Institute in respect of human, financial and material resources within the general framework of University policy.
- A Dean shall hold office for three years on terms and conditions recommended by the Appointments Board and is eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to three years.
Required Skills or Experience
The successful applicant must:
- be of professorial status from an academic/research institution or a person from industry eligible to be appointed as such. AND.
- be capable of providing academic leadership especially in the area of teaching, research and extension in the relevant disciplines.
- provide evidence of managerial and administrative leadership and capacity to promote a collegial working environment in the School/Institute.
- demonstrate capacity to attract funding for research and development.
- have the vision and the drive to oversee the growth and development of the School/Institute
How to Apply
- An applicant is required to submit a complete application pack to the REGISTRAR, UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES, PMB 31, Ho, Ghana (hard copy); or by attachment to [email protected]
- The application dossier should contain the following:
- Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB 2) to be downloaded from the University’s website at http://www.uhas.edu.gh/en/public/staff-employment-forms
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae
- Names of three referees
- Vision Statement of up to 3-pages (font size 12, single spacing) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Monday, October 1st 2018.