The University of Mines and Technology (UMaT) started as the Tarkwa Technical Institute (TTI) on 3rd November, 1952 but was officially commissioned by the Government of Ghana, more precisely by His Excellency the Governor of the Gold Coast, Sir Charles Noble Arden Clarke, on 7th October, 1953.
Job Title: Assistant Registrar (Legal & Welfare Services)
- Provide legal support and advisory services on all legal issues relating to the operations of the University, draft and review legal documentation and ensure that transactions are executed in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide up-to-date and relevant guidance on the application and interpretation of laws, regulations and policies.
- Advise on legislative changes, legal developments and risks which impact on the University.
- Advise Management on human resource and labor matters.
- Effectively collaborate with the University’s External Solicitors on all legal matters.
- Represent the University in court as and when required.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor or the Registrar from time to time.
Required Skills or Experience
- Applicants for the post of Assistant Registrar (Legal & Welfare Services) should be qualified legal practitioners for at least 2 years at the Bar with relevant working experience.
- Applicants with a second degree will be given an advantage.
- Prior work experience in a University setting would be an added advantage ..
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly.
- Good interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
- Conditions of service are as applicable in Government subvented Universities of Ghana.
- Interested candidates who qualify for any of the positions may download the Application Form A at http://umat.edu.gh/media-press-3/jobs-at-umat.html.
- The completed application form together with an up to date Curriculum Vitae and copies of educational and relevant professional certificates should reach the Registrar not later than 24th August, 2018.