Posted on :
7 Apr, 2020
7 Apr, 2020
The Council of the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of REGISTRAR which shall become vacant on 1st August, 2020.
• The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administrative functions of the University in addition to any other duties specified in the University of Professional Studies Act, 20I 2 (Act 850) and the Statutes of the University
• He/She is expected to provide leadership and management across a wide range of activities
• The Registrar is also Secretary to the University Council and is responsible for providing secretarial services to all boards and committees of the University.
Job Title: Registrar
Qualification Required & Experience
Qualified applicants must possess:
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree
• Not less than twenty (20) years post-graduate qualification working experience in an administrative position(s) at least eight (8) years of which is in a senior management position(s) or
• Substantial Senior Management experience in a large, complex and decentralized organization preferably in an academic institution.
• Must exhibit high leadership qualities and organizational skills
• Strong intellect with excellent managerial, communication and interpersonal skills
• Evidence of in-depth grasp and application of administrative systems and procedures Significant leadership experience at a senior level in a tertiary institution or other organization
• Demonstrated ability to develop, articulate and implement strategic thrusts
• An understanding of the history and evolution of universities, local higher education policy and practice
• Commitment to the highest level of personal and professional integrity
• Considerable experience in dealing with a wide variety of internal and external publics
• Must have initiative and drive.
Terms of Appointment
• Salaries and fringe benefits attached to the post are very attractive and will be specified in the instrument of appointment by the Council.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should download the Application Form from the University of Professional Studies (UPSA) website (www.upsa.edu.gh) and forward the completed form together with the following: Curriculum Vitae with documentation on personal history, academic credentials, and working experience; A statement of up to five (5) pages in standard font size 12 on how they would use their position to advance the Vision and Mission of the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) to the following address: [email protected] In addition, applicants are required to hand-deliver seven (7) copies of each of the above-mentioned documents to The Chairman, Search Committee (Post of Registrar) c/o Office of the Vice-Chancellor University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA), P.O.Box LG 149, Accra All applicants shall request three (3) referees to submit reports on them directly to the Chairman, Search Committee (Post Registrar). • It is the duty of the applicant to ensure that the application package reaches the designated addresses before the close of day on 17th April 2020 at 5:00 p.m. • Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 17 April 2020