Posted on :
13 Mar, 2019
13 Mar, 2019
On the 2nd July 2018 Unilever completed the sale of the Spreads Business and it is now under the new ownership of KKR as “Upfield”, therefore any successful applicants will be employed by “Upfield Foods” not Unilever.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Lead
Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? We are looking for top talent for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
We take quality seriously and around the world we taste products every 30 seconds. We take our consumers seriously and more than 150 people will taste test each of our new innovations before they hit the shelves.
The role of the Quality Assurance Lead is more than just a job title. It’s the heart of what we do. You will manage Food Safety and Quality for the plant here in Ghana. By ensuring the delivery of required standards of quality and food safety procedures and practices, we will drive desired business results. With your Founder’s mindset, you will drive the implementation of best practice in Food quality programs and measurements to assure finished products meet or exceed company standards, customer standards, and industry standards. You will direct, plan, supervise and control all aspects of plant/corporate operations to include; coordination of the development, training, implementation and reporting of Quality into 100% of facility processes; monitor and maintain compliance with regulatory standards and requirements; consistently implement requirements set forth for maintaining the highest standard of quality for products and services.
What you will do
· Quality Leader – You will be leading quality, food safety, and sanitation programs for our well-loved brands. You will ensure that the Business Unit meets all required quality & food safety laws, regulations, and corporate policies. You will have a focus on continuous improvement and drive a high degree of operational management and execution for our products.
· Plant Partnerships – You will partner closely with corporate and the other Business Unit Managers for program implementations and best practices. Just as important is your collaboration with the Business Unit leadership team and other plant employees by ensuring compliance and identifying quality & food safety risks.
· People Management – You will lead a team of associates that will have responsibilities around quality, food safety, and sanitation. We want you to use your people leadership and influential skills to develop, inspire, and energize your team towards a high standard of performance and self-accountability.
· Audits – You’ll take particular care in maintaining high standards, internally and externally. You will be participating, as well as leading, the coordination, preparation, and corrective action management for yearly internal and third-party audits.
Skills, experience and qualifications: –
• Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, microbiology, or other relevant degree
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• HACCP certification
• Technical knowledge of quality & food safety
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
• Computer software skills to include Microsoft Office Suite.
• Interest in sustainability and/or sustainable development / sustainable systems design
• Great personal organization skills, attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines in the multicultural environment
• Ability to articulate complex concepts clearly (both written and in presentations)
Your Personal Power!
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.