Posted on :
9 Jul, 2019
9 Jul, 2019
The U.S. Mission in Accra, Ghana is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Procurement Agent. This position is located in the Mission Director’s Office of USAID/Ghana. The incumbent is responsible for the procurement of a variety of commodities and services specifically for USAID/Ghana.
Job Title: Procurement Agent
Basic Function of Position
• This includes service contracts, Blanket Purchase Agreements, Contracts, Purchase Orders, Task Orders, Delivery Orders, USG Purchase Card and other procurements not covered under (International Cooperative Administrative support Service (ICASS).
• The procurement level is limited to the Simplified Acquisition warrant level of the Supervisory Executive Officer (EXO), currently at at $250,000.
• Incumbent coordinates actions closely with the Regional Acquisition and Assistance Office (RAAO) and Regional Executive Office (REXO) under the daily supervision of the USAID/Ghana Personal Service Contract Administrative Management Specialist (PSC AMS).
Qualification Required & Experience
• Completion of Secondary Schooling and an additional 2 years of post secondary study in Purchasing, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Public Administration is required
• At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement plus experience in small purchase procurement is required
• 1 to 2 years of experience with an international organisation or development organisation or private sector organisation in an English-language work situation is required
• Fluency in spoken, reading and written English language and ability to operate standard office equipment and speak at least one Ghanaian language is required
Salary Range: GHC 68,336.00 – GHC 102,491.00 p.a equivalent to FSN-9 (depending on qualification, experience and salary history)
How to Apply
Note: The US Mission does not accept fixed or paper applications for open positions. All interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements, must submit application via email to:[email protected] All applicants must cite the position title and solicitation number within the subject line, and attach a cover letter, current resume with at least three references of direct supervisors within the last five months from applicant’s professional life, relevant certificates, a two-page supplementary document addressing the evaluation factors. Attachments must include a signed form AID 302-3 offer or information for PSC available at: https://www.usaid.gov/forms and must be in a format compatible with Microsoft Word 2003/2010 or pdf Failure to provide these requirements will result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
Closing Date: 11 July, 2019