Posted on :
31 Mar, 2014
31 Mar, 2014
Job Title: AID Development Assistant Specialist At USAID Ghana
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The Program Management Specialist will perform a range of administrative and financial management tasks for the overall portfolio of the Health Population and Nutrition (HPNO) Office, which includes several Presidential Initiatives and other directives that require special handling. S/he will support the Office Chief and all of the teams of the office in accomplishing key requirements to keep funds and program reporting on track, and serve as a key resource person to ensure good financial reporting by technical assistance teams.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The incumbent shall oversee preparation of all major program obligating and
reporting documents for the health portfolio, with up to $80 million in obligations per year. This will include development of pre-obligation documents and SOAG amendments, and ensuring correct entry into the USG systems required for different health initiatives, including FACTS, COP, and MOP reporting. S/he will be responsible for consolidation, documentation, and tracking of bilateral and activity programmatic and financial information including budgets, pipelines, accruals, evaluations, and audit requirements, assisting in the correction of any problems noted in the financial tracking system.
• Organize quarterly partner meetings to share results and train partners on new procedures. Using information collected from partners and office teams, the incumbent will consolidate, organize, and prepare information and data to include inperformance monitoring reports, OP, MOP and COP reporting and any other types of required reporting. The incumbent will collect, review, and consolidate data quality control documentation and alert partners and senior staff to data quality control requirements. The incumbent shall also update and prepare basic communication information on USAID’s health activities, power point presentations, and success stories.
• Prepare administrative actions related to program management of activities including preparation of action memorandums, justifications for less than full and open competition, MAARD face-sheets and budgets, bilateral amendments, androutine implementation letters. S/he will also liaise with the Program Office in the management of the field support database and USAID web-based applications (GLAAS actions, Ops Master)
• The incumbent will serve as a resource person for all of the major health portfolios (Malaria, HIV/AIDS, Maternal and Child Health/Reproductive Health and Water/Sanitation, with a particular focus on the latter, to assure compliance with USAID regulations and procedures for planning, budgeting, implementing and reporting on activities. This will include preparation of important sections of solicitations serving on review panels as required, and orientation of technical assistance teams on USAID procedures.
• Assist AORs/CORs and Program Management Assistants in the tracking,documentation, and priority setting for closeouts of bilateral agreements, programs, grants, and contracts including those for personnel. Incumbent shall assist in securing the approval of equipment disposition plans and closeouts by obtaining inventories of equipment purchased with USAID funds and final vouchers, reports, and any other documentation required for close-outs.
• Provide miscellaneous administrative and technical services to assist team members, including representing the SO team members, as required, at technical meetings and providing secretarial coverage during the absence of the Administrative Assistant and/or if the workload requires additional lower-level administrative support. Such administrative duties include, but are not limited to;
a. effecting efficiencies and economies in administrative operations,
b. developing and maintaining administrative support procedures for effective
management of SO and
c. maintaining database of key contacts and partners
Qualification Required & Experience
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in administration, business studies, accounting or related field, or the equivalent in work experience is required.
• Prior Work Experience: At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the administration of international development programs, with demonstrated expertise in planning, budgeting and monitoring of USAID-funded technical assistance activities, as well as experience in organizing programmatic, technical and administrative information for decision-making is required. Experience in coordinating programs with bilateral and multilateral development partners such as the UN agencies, public sector agencies and NGO entities is an advantage.
• Language Proficiency: Fluency in English is required. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Knowledge: Knowledge of US government business practices and basic financial management principles is critical. Familiarity with USG procurement regulations and funding environment, especially those related to development assistance including Presidential Initiatives is required.
• Skills and Abilities: Ability to interact effectively with a broad range of counterparts, to perform routine financial and administrative tasks and to determine the right way to respond to unusual requirements in a fast-paced environment is required.
Salary Range: GH¢ 27,677.00 – GH¢41,515.00 p.a. (depending on qualification and
How To Apply For The Job
Interested individuals should submit cover letter, Curriculum Vitae with references and relevant certificates to:
Regional Executive Office
P.O. Box 1630, Accra
By Email to: [email protected]
Note: When submitting your application via email, please start the subject line with the position title.
Closing Date: 01 April, 2014
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted. USAID/Ghana anticipates awarding a Personal Service Contract (PSC) regarding this announcement. Note that this does not constitute any guarantee that a PSC will be awarded as a result of this announcement.