USAID employs individuals with a wide variety of technical, managerial and operational skills to achieve our international development objectives. Our workforce is made up of direct-hire and contract employees based in the United States and at field missions around the world. We are always looking for talented people. If you are interested in working on the front lines on some of the most pressing global challenges of our times — poverty, hunger, injustice, disease, environmental degradation, climate change and violent extremism – then USAID jobs are a great place to put your skills, education, and expertise to use.
U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) is currently recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: Regional Cordinator
- The position is one of five positions located in the Technical Office of USAID Systems for Health Project in Accra, Cape Coast, Takoradi, Ho, and Tamale. Under the supervision of the Senior Advisor for Regional Implementation, the Regional Coordinator will represent the office in the specified region.
- S/he will be the point person to coordinate and implement activities.
- S/he will supervise the regional office staff and oversee the administrative, financial and logistic function of the regional office.
- S/he will work closely with all stakeholders to provide on-the-ground technical support for implementation and coordination of lower-level activities in order to ensure and reinforce linkages between technical activities; integrate cross-cutting areas into programs; and foster national-to-regional and region-to-region collaborations.
- S/he will support the documentation and/or publication of activities and sharing of lessons learned and best practices.
- In addition, s/he will write progress reports according to USAID requirements.
- Manage the day-to-day functions of the regional team (administrative, financial, and logistic).
- Work closely with the teams at the Accra office (technical, program, and logistics) and support the Accra office with implementation of activities at the regional level.
- Participate in the implementation of work-plan activities at the regional level.
- Facilitate communication between the regional office and the Accra office.
- Represent the project during work groups at the regional, district, sub-district, and community levels and with the staff at the primary health facilities.
- Act as the focal liaison person between the regional offices and the Accra office.
- Report on the activities of the regional office in a timely manner.
Required Skills or Experience
- A Master’s degree in public health, medicine, management, education or related field is required.
- A minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience in a similar role as a senior-level manager; previous experience working for USAID-funded health projects is an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Ghana Health System
Excellent planning, management and organizational skills; Proven leadership skills, including effective skills in developing interpersonal relationships, negotiations, and conflict management; Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels is required.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and Cover Letter, addressed to the HR & Admin. Officer, USAID Systems for Health Project, PMB CT 134, Accra -Ghana to [email protected] indicating position title and location in the subject line.
Please take note of the following:
- Only candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position