USAID employs individuals with a wide variety of technical, managerial and operational skills to achieve our international development objectives. Our workforce is made up of direct-hire and contract employees based in the United States and at field missions around the world. We are always looking for talented people. If you are interested in working on the front lines on some of the most pressing global challenges of our times — poverty, hunger, injustice, disease, environmental degradation, climate change and violent extremism – then USAID jobs are a great place to put your skills, education, and expertise to use.
U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) is currently recruiting for the position of:
Job Title:Technical Program Officer
- Technical Program Officer (1 position)
- Project: USAID Systems for Health Project
- Department: Technical
- Position: Technical Program Officer
- Duty Location: Accra
- Supervisor: Deputy Chief of Party for Health Systems
The position is one of three positions located in the Technical Office of USAID Systems for Health Project in Accra. The incumbent will work closely with the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party – Health Services to play a key role in the coordination of technical activities across the Systems for Health portfolio.
- Provide coordination support to the Systems for Health technical portfolio through:
- Monitor/record timing of activities across technical areas (via activity calendars, etc.)
- Coordinate with Systems for Health leadership, Technical and Operations teams to suggest efficient timing of activities that will allow the project to make the best use of labour and resources
- Follow up with technical teams on completion of activities, gathering activity deliverables for filing electronically in Systems for Health database
- Participate in internal technical strategy and coordination meetings as well as meetings with external stakeholders, taking detailed minutes and following up with participants as necessary to finalize and distribute minutes to the Systems for Health team
- Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned across technical areas. With support from Systems for Health leadership, implement practices for improvement of Systems for Health technical processes and coordination.
- Provide support to the Systems for Health Knowledge Management/Communications team to prepare, write and edit communication materials and deliverables such as technical briefs, success stories, quarterly/annual reports, etc.
- Assist in developing technical content for presentations and briefings as requested
- Monitor and gather current technical knowledge to inform Systems for Health activities and distribute to relevant staff/stakeholders
- As directed, support technical staff with compilation of research on specific topics to be used for revision of training materials, policies, etc.
Required Skills or Experience
- An advanced Degree in Public Health, Nursing, Pharmacy or related field required.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in a health related field. Previous work with Ghana Health Service and/or USG funded projects preferred. Track record of working effectively with a broad range of partners and in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills is required.
- Demonstrated high-quality technical writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and Cover Letter, addressed to the HR & Admin. Officer, USAID Systems for Health Project, PMB CT 134, Accra -Ghana to [email protected] indicating position title and location in the subject line.
Please take note of the following:
- Only candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you very much for your interest.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, May 20, 2016.