Posted on :
17 Feb, 2014
17 Feb, 2014
UT Bank Ghana Limited commenced business as a Finance house in 1997 and evolved from a lending company to a Universal Bank. It is publicly owned and actively traded on the Ghana Stock Exchange. UT Bank has positioned itself as a lending bank that seeks to change the face of banking in Ghana through fast, efficient and respectful delivery of products and services. As one of the fastest growing banks in Ghana, UT Bank provides innovative customer oriented products and services, focusing primarily, on the financial needs of small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs).
Job Title: Compliance and Control Officer
• The purpose of this job is to help minimizeinternal control breaches in the operations of the bank.
• Ensure general compliance with bank policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements.
• Provide support to Internal Control Manager to ensure that control issues are quickly identified and resolved within reasonable time.
• Ensure that bank procedures and policies are adhered to in all activities and transactions carried out in the branches and departments.
• Ascertain that the internal controls in place are working effectively in all areas of the bank and are being strictly are also adhered to.
• Review of account opening activities to ensure compliance with bank accountopening requirements and KYC Policy
• Review Call over of daily transactions to ensure compliance with prescribed procedures
• Carrying out spot checks and review of cash handling and vault administration,funds transfer, clearing processes and cheque administration.
• Review of all Overdrafts, TOD and other credit reports to ensure compliance with the bank’s credit policy.
• Review of all reconcilable accounts
• Review of treasury / Investment transactions for proper booking in compliance with approved procedures.
• Review of general management controls, supervision and segregation of duties
• Recommend control improvements for management’s consideration.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Timeliness and accuracy of reports presented
• Accuracy of working papers submitted to control manger
• The integrity and independence of control scoring for the branches
• Report Writing Skills
• Computer Literacy
• Analytical and possession of a high sense of integrity
• Good banking operations knowledge
• Appreciable knowledge in processes and controls
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to interact with all levels of management and employees.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a 1st degree in a business related field
• 3 years post tertiary education, experience (2 years post-national service)
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates must submit their CVs to:-
Closing Date: 17 February, 2014